will construct3 be as strong as unity??

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Construct 3 Plugin Unity Ads, Banner, Interstitial Ads, Video (Support C3 build service)
  • hello there! i am not comparing i am just asking what you people have heard about c3 , news and info.

expectations ..and possibilities ... when it will come , how much more time it will take to come.. will c2 projects work etc,,

i am actually prototyping platformer game which i wanna make much much advance and actually in 3d. but i love construct which i dont wanna leave.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's probably too early to tell, but from the sounds of it Construct 3 will be purely an editor upgrade (same HTML5 runtime as Construct 2 for exported games), with 3D probably still only being possible via Quazi's already existing Q3D plugin for C2 (but he could improve the interface and workflow for it thanks to new editor/plugin SDK features planned for C3).

Q3D has an awesome example/demo here: http://gamejolt.com/games/tiny-tank/27522

• The only real info on C3 can be found on the Construct 3 website, everything else that we as users say is purely subjective gossip.

• everything else that we as users say is purely subjective gossip.

Unless it's something Ashley has confirmed elsewhere in the forums, although I probably should have cited these above: construct-3-c2-projects-compatibility-to-what-extent_p916556?#p916556

construct-3-c2-projects-compatibility-to-what-extent_p919232?#p919232

https://www.scirra.com/blog/155/the-future-of-construct

• thanks everyone. yes i have seen tiny tank demo. but there isn't any other demo by Q3D... i only see Tinytank. whenever i ask anyone they also refer me to tinytank. has anyone even used it ... ???? i want to see more demo.

• If it exports natively to PC, MAC, Linux and uses the updated Vulkan renderer (next level of OpenGL, multi-thread rendering support), it should be as strong as Unity (which is moving to Vulkan & DX12).

• …But there won't be native exports though. Ashley has always been firmly against the idea as he believes that any shortcomings of the current export methods will be sorted as technology improves, which will happen faster than the time it would take to make and maintain such native export options making them both a waste of time and money and ultimatly redundant.

• Unity has a much bigger team of developers and budget.

Not to also forget a bigger community. Their Editor now runs on Linux too - added to mac and windows. So they got there first already.

Construct3 will likely never be as strong as unity. Construct's main advantage really is the spreadsheet style programming. Unity has a number of cheap assets that address visual programming in a number of different ways - but none so far has done it in the spreadsheet two-column coding fashion.

Construct3 will never be a 3d game engine until the actual level editor supports 3d.

Ashley has stated that it wont support 3d game development.

• Unity has a much bigger team of developers and budget.

Not to also forget a bigger community. Their Editor now runs on Linux too - added to mac and windows. So they got there first already.

Construct3 will likely never be as strong as unity. Construct's main advantage really is the spreadsheet style programming. Unity has a number of cheap assets that address visual programming in a number of different ways - but none so far has done it in the spreadsheet two-column coding fashion.

Construct3 will never be a 3d game engine until the actual level editor supports 3d.

Ashley has stated that it wont support 3d game development.

you should try uscript for unity

• you should try uscript for unity

Hmm, I'm tempted to have a look at that.

• I still don't understand why construct classic projets display smoother then c2. I think that should be something taken care of in c3.

• megatronx I'm insanely glad I'm not the only one to notice that

• >

> you should try uscript for unity

>

Hmm, I'm tempted to have a look at that.

Me too!

• uScript is a nice VPL component linking software of apis. however you will end up needing code yourself for features that don't exist. I would suggest PlayMaker which is meant to be more a programming replacement.

So UScript is about linking api's

Playmaker is similar to EventSheet programming( in a an abstract purpose sense)

• uScript is a nice VPL component linking software of apis. however you will end up needing code yourself for features that don't exist. I would suggest PlayMaker which is meant to be more a programming replacement.

So UScript is about linking api's

Playmaker is similar to EventSheet programming( in a an abstract purpose sense)

playmaker is good but uscript is more like c2 event sheet and more powerfull and no need for coding at all !

it even use reflection to get all unity things ! (functions,properties,...)

and you can make new features with graphs and use all of that as one graph !

c2 have little programing like expressions but uscript is just graphs

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)