will construct3 be as strong as unity??

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:53 pm

Silverforce wrote:
eli0s wrote:But it isn't, evidently, as you already mention. HTML5 games just doesn't cut it (yet?) when it comes to a "smooth" experience, native exporters feel more "snappy" and responsive.

Only for a few of the broken Chromium versions. NW 10.5 is very smooth and snappy.

Did you guys hear about 2K Games's Bioshock on iOS? It was removed. The recent iOS update broke the game. O_o

So it's not just us little guys that get screwed over for problems created by Apple or Google.

10.5 was still not as smooth as cc.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:23 pm

Can anyone provide an example of this lack of smoothness? Latency is near perfect in my experience.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:24 pm

@Aphrodite

I also don't know why it seems that they don't really bother about supporting PC games. C2 also fail hard on mobile due to lack of performance. So,imo, C2 don't grow more because of this. While it's a super nice and powerful software, it fails on getting the game a nice performance and support to export it. And I think that mobile games scenario for c2 is the worse because for Pc you can rely on the fact that PC, in general, has a really good hardware... good enough to make poor performance get unnoticed most of the time.
I'm working in a PC game project, with plans to, someday, release it on steam and some other platforms, so I keep wondering all the time if the game will be possible after months, even after exporting using NW 10.5 and compiling it.

megatronx wrote:
Silverforce wrote:
eli0s wrote:But it isn't, evidently, as you already mention. HTML5 games just doesn't cut it (yet?) when it comes to a "smooth" experience, native exporters feel more "snappy" and responsive.

Only for a few of the broken Chromium versions. NW 10.5 is very smooth and snappy.

Did you guys hear about 2K Games's Bioshock on iOS? It was removed. The recent iOS update broke the game. O_o

So it's not just us little guys that get screwed over for problems created by Apple or Google.

10.5 was still not as smooth as cc.

Some of you guys have launched any game on steam?If so which compiler did you use and how is it's performance?
Last edited by kossglobal on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:35 pm

Pretty sure there are no CC games on Steam.
Then again they haven't shown how they did the "snappy" comparisons to get to those conclusions.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:01 am

I don't have a comparision, thought I see the difference with my own eyes. But if I remember correctly @Jayjay was the one who has made an example with dots.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:40 am

newt wrote:Pretty sure there are no CC games on Steam.
Then again they haven't shown how they did the "snappy" comparisons to get to those conclusions.

Yes there is, and it runs better than the majority of (desktop) C2 games I've ever played (including my own): http://store.steampowered.com/app/396640/

@megatronx Might or might not have been mine, but I remember some examples of it too in a thread about people wanting native export. Not saying I demand native export, that has been discussed enough to know it's not happening but Vulkan GL, Emscripten, and ASM.JS are all things that might really help Construct games run smoothly in HTML5 (plus the improving support of new hardware over time too).
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (they wont run anywhere)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit Dropbox is a pile of trash and if you need my old files PM me! :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:48 am

Here is another cc game on steam made by @Macbee

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =397964543
What I know would fill a Book , what I don't know would fill a Library
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:45 am

kossglobal wrote:Some of you guys have launched any game on steam? If so which compiler did you use and how is it's performance?

I've got a release on Steam with C2, NW 10.5, nobody has complaint about lack of smoothness. It runs 60 fps locked, even on pretty old hardware. Most of the complaints are due to game-balance (too hard mostly).

C2 is perfectly capable of running a very fast paced arcade racer smoothly:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/332250/

C2 is also perfectly capable of running a very complex game smoothly:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =513945382

The most annoying thing for PC build is in fact we still have to rely on NW 10.5 because Steam GreenWorks doesn't get updated.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:18 am

@Jayjay
As long as it was taking I didn't think he would finish it.

There are no current benchmarks of CC vs C2, and obviously some parts will be better than others, but they still have to be compared equally in terms of event logic, like identical games, but I don't see anyone mentioning any tests.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:50 am

Silverforce wrote:
kossglobal wrote:Some of you guys have launched any game on steam? If so which compiler did you use and how is it's performance?

I've got a release on Steam with C2, NW 10.5, nobody has complaint about lack of smoothness. It runs 60 fps locked, even on pretty old hardware. Most of the complaints are due to game-balance (too hard mostly).

C2 is perfectly capable of running a very fast paced arcade racer smoothly:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/332250/

C2 is also perfectly capable of running a very complex game smoothly:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =513945382

The most annoying thing for PC build is in fact we still have to rely on NW 10.5 because Steam GreenWorks doesn't get updated.

And I just don't know why because C2 is able to make any 2D games. It's powerful and we have good selling platforms that facilitates for all of us. Steam is a mother for indie devs and a huge "self-publishing-promoting-InsertMore" with almost any need to pay. I don't understand why. It should be treated as a more importantly thing because why would someone care about invest so much time and effort to complete a good and polished game for PC if, in the end, scirra doesn't fully support the integration with the biggest selling platform for PC?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General