will construct3 be as strong as unity??

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:14 am

I am afraid that c2 will be seen as a Newgrounds game editor because of limitations like this... cripes, this plugin was beta a year ago and not only doesn't work it also appears unsupported....?! GameMaker and Clickteam products have inbuilt Steam API functionality...
Last edited by Colludium on Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:28 am

kossglobal wrote:And I just don't know why because C2 is able to make any 2D games. It's powerful and we have good selling platforms that facilitates for all of us. Steam is a mother for indie devs and a huge "self-publishing-promoting-InsertMore" with almost any need to pay. I don't understand why. It should be treated as a more importantly thing because why would someone care about invest so much time and effort to complete a good and polished game for PC if, in the end, scirra doesn't fully support the integration with the biggest selling platform for PC?

That has been a concern of mine for awhile as well as many others.

But it isn't totally broke yet. We just have to jump a lot of hoops to get it to function on Steam.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:17 am

@Silverforce
@Colludium

I'd love to see an answer from @Asheley about this :(
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:40 am

C2 use javacscript
but unity use c# so unity can export to enything even javascript (unity 5 and export to html5 is sooooo much powerfull and sooo above c2 just see angry robot html5 example from unity, its 3d and have a great performance)
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:35 pm

Pssst, hey mahdi71, everything uses c, but don't tell anyone, it's our little secret.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:05 pm

@newt , I base my conclusions on what I see with my own eyes, even the most simple test scenes just doesn't feel as responsive as they should. I've made my own examples in the past and even now, with a beast of a machine that I run them on, I don't get smooth movement.

On this topic, there is an example made by somebody and a exe provided by Jayjay that makes a direct comparison, unfortunately, the exe doesn't have an fps indicator, but on my previous machine there was a clear difference between them.
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:28 pm

OK, but your example ran smooth on my less than beastly machine in NW, Edge, and Chrome, but stuttered in FF.
This is starting to feel like an argument for a desktop exporter, but I wonder if we don't already have an alternative via W10 universal apps.
...............I say that hesitantly as my machine can't do webgl.
So my conclusion is its hardware, always hardware.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:16 am

kossglobal wrote:And I just don't know why because C2 is able to make any 2D games. It's powerful and we have good selling platforms that facilitates for all of us. Steam is a mother for indie devs and a huge "self-publishing-promoting-InsertMore" with almost any need to pay. I don't understand why. It should be treated as a more importantly thing because why would someone care about invest so much time and effort to complete a good and polished game for PC if, in the end, scirra doesn't fully support the integration with the biggest selling platform for PC?

I'd love to see NW.js being updated more often for C2. I don't see the point why 0.12.3 can't be downloaded from Scirra's site. Maybe someone can explain this to me?
Also an offically supported Steam plugin is a must have. I don't believe Scirra can rely any more on the current state of the Greenworks plugin. They have to make an offical built-in plugin, and in my opinion for C2 as well, not just for C3. Do you want to get C2 even more popular? Then make it easy for developers to support the major platforms without having them to install an old version of nw.js and plugins manually. Sure, it's not a big deal to do, but for a newcomer to learn all the necessary steps, it could be bothersome.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:53 pm

@gleriklud, good points. My audio won't work in NW 10.5 and audio bugs in old versions of NW will not be fixed by scirra, so the abandoned state of the Steam plugin is rather disheartening. The latest version of NW should be either available here or it should be made clear that is been added once but now the rest is up to us because scirra are doing other things. These lack of follow up details might be symptoms of scirra being a team of one, but they don't assure me that anything different will happen in c3.
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:37 pm

newt wrote:Pssst, hey mahdi71, everything uses c, but don't tell anyone, it's our little secret.

what?
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General