Will the Multiplayer Plugin be available to free users soon?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:36 am

To Scirra Team
I am here to ask a question wether the multiplayer plugin will be available soon? as i am not able to afford construct 2 i will be really happy if it is available for free anytime soon :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:46 am

yess... we wait it Scirra !
Please make it to able with Free version too..
now, i'm still a student,vocational high school student.
i can't search much money to buy this version,but i wanted to make a very" great Game with C2.
~Everyone can make GAMEs~
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:21 am

Ashley's Blog Post
It says they might realease a trial version at a later stage for free edition.

But that would only be while it is in beta, and that is if they do it.
But in all honesty, I doubt free version will ever get it, besides,
According to the blog post once it is out of beta, the full version will probably be released via a subscription plan. So if you can't afford C2, i don't think the muliplayer plugin will be in your grasp either :(
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:32 am

There's a better chance of winning lotto without buying a ticket than for this to happen.
The multiplayer aspects will cost Scirra running expenses, which have to be paid for somehow (this before we even consider opportunity cost - ie: de-facto wages).

Overall, it's not a bad package we get here. Expecting everything for free simply isn't feasible, unless of course you wish to vote for the reintroduction of slave labour whilst you're here.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:49 am

It is only speculations, we do not know anything at the end, and the blog post suggest more that you'd have to pay for extra stuffs more than the multiplayer itself, so we shall wait and see..
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:37 am

:( i guess we have to wait and watch .... As a student i cant afford paid version and it ca cause me to set back a little as i really wanted to use that plugin :( Guess i have to make up my mind
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:17 pm

I've decided to enable the Multiplayer object to the free edition for the next build, so it can be trialled without a license. However the Free edition cannot export games using Multiplayer, you can only test them in preview mode, and the signalling server will limit the number of peers who can join games created with the free edition.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:51 pm

@DUTOIT
What Ashley meant by subscription. Was that use of the Signalling server would cost a subscription. C2 would still not cost a monthly fee. What the cost of the server subscription be. I don't know. However it's nice that Ashley will make a small free peer connection amount. This let's people to grow there community before requiring to pay

Your term sounded like Ashley would be charging a monthly fee for C2, which is not the case. And I just want to make sure people knew that C2 will not have a monthly fee. Just he higher peer count for the server. Similar to how many MP servers/api's work not. X free, then cost.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:59 pm

jayderyu wrote:@DUTOIT
What Ashley meant by subscription. Was that use of the Signalling server would cost a subscription. C2 would still not cost a monthly fee. What the cost of the server subscription be. I don't know. However it's nice that Ashley will make a small free peer connection amount. This let's people to grow there community before requiring to pay

Your term sounded like Ashley would be charging a monthly fee for C2, which is not the case. And I just want to make sure people knew that C2 will not have a monthly fee. Just he higher peer count for the server. Similar to how many MP servers/api's work not. X free, then cost.

Disagree with you...

A) Never said C2 would be included in subscription. That is a pay once, get liftetime updates
b) According to the blog post, the multiplayer plugin will be an additional subscription fee.
Call it a paid extension.
c) It makes no mention of signalling server. It clearly states it will be for he plugin itself.
a low-cost subscription for the full version of the multiplayer feature upon its final release. This is planned to support extended features, including player logins and data storage (e.g. for players to accumulate inventory, achievements, ranks or experience points in a multiplayer game), leaderboards, location-based matchmaking, and possibly relay servers to help connect users who are behind extremely restrictive NAT and would otherwise be unable to connect

The subscription for the multiplayer plugin will support developmental costs (past and future).
Last edited by DUTOIT on Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:01 pm

double post - delete
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct 2 General