Will we /ever/ see C2 on OSX ?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:45 am

I feel for you OSX guys. It's the only reason I keep to Windows. A few critical applications that run on Windows. Scirra however is looking for employee's so who knows. Maybe in a year or two :) I plan to get a used Mac Mini in the near future for pushing IOS products. Having the option to run C2 on it would be fantastic :)

@Xionor
Totally not helpful. Sciraa is a business. They will do whatever they should be doing to run the buisiness.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:44 am

Running C2 in Parallels on a Mac is not really running it on a Mac. It is running it in a Windows environment and I suppose I should ask how long to see it run in OSX, not on a Mac. I haver Parallels and don't like handling things like this unless I must. I guess I will wait.
B

Post » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:14 am

Linux would be much better have to switch my OS every time I want to program with C2.

But with OSX support I could programm with my macbook which I realy hate but ok :D
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:53 pm

[QUOTE=Darklinki] Linux would be much better have to switch my OS every time I want to program with C2.

But with OSX support I could programm with my macbook which I realy hate but ok :D [/QUOTE]

agreed, since you don't have to pay for a linux license, but you have to for a windows license, and as far as I know, OSX is the same mentality as windows in that case
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:21 pm

If there's C2 on the Mac I would drop my windows laptop in a beat :P

Mainly because I'm also doing iOS development at the same time so having just to use one laptop for everything would be awesome.

Unfortunately I don't have enough space on my macbook to install windows 7 bootcamp so that's out of the question.

All things aside, I would prefer the team to focus on making C2 even more awesome on one platform rather than going multi-platform with mediocre results :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:21 pm

Just out of curiosity, what's with the hate towards windows? I have never had problems with windows since like Windows 98,XP,Vista(It was slow but wasn't unreliable),7.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General