Willing to pay for a skype session.need help on Platformer

Looking to build a team or have a job to offer?

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:34 am

Hi guys! how are you guys doing? i need some help. Im building a platformer game. like mario but with a twist.

i need help on when the player is in collision with another object, the player will change to another sprite.
* i need help on health bar and scoring
* i need help on implementing level select
* adding game UI and touch pad controls

Please pm me or reply to this thread on how much are you going to charge for the skype session, thank you!
B
S

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:21 am

Do you have a basic working project assembled?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:23 am

TheDom wrote:Do you have a basic working project assembled?

Hi TheDom, thanks for the reply,
Yes, im done making the movements the enemy, breaking blocks etc.
B
S

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:22 am

Hello coolrain8,

I was planning on making some c2 videos today, maybe making a course for people to watch (maybe upload to udemy...)

if I would explain all those concepts and more in video vs skype, would that be find?
Thanks
Justin / ~Ant
Eat ALL THE BACON!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:23 am

antares330 wrote:Hello coolrain8,

I was planning on making some c2 videos today, maybe making a course for people to watch (maybe upload to udemy...)

if I would explain all those concepts and more in video vs skype, would that be find?
Thanks
Justin / ~Ant

Hi Justin, that would be awesome, please link me to the Udemy course when youre done making the video. will enroll to your course right away. :)

PS:
Please also add a concept for flying, i mean if the hero picks up something then he can fly etc.

Thank you! :)
B
S

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:31 am

Thats something I haven't added into a platformer, but should be easy to add!

I'll get started after moving my Tv Screen and Pc back after my superbowl / apex last night! :D

Also coolrain, I haven't got a price listed yet, but any thoughts on how much it should be?
Will get started soon!
Justin / ~Ant
Eat ALL THE BACON!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:05 pm

Ok coolrain8,

I've got 5 videos ready to go, I think covers everything you need to know...

are there any other concepts you want me to explore in these? please get back to me soon, so I can get this all setup for you!

again, price point is still not decided, so input on that would be great :D
Thanks
Justin / ~Ant
Eat ALL THE BACON!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:46 pm

Hey Antares,

Wow your fast, 5 vids already! Your awesome bro! are you planning to add a level up, type thing, or maybe its a bit complicated.

* Selecting level, like you need to get the star before the 2nd levels open etc.
* Hero movement, including attack etc.
* Enemy AI and health
* Scoring and health bar
* Power ups, like when the player pick up something, it will activate like flying or any power ups, and will return back to the original hero * sprite. just an example. something the students can edit so the course is flexible to what the user wants.
* Game UID interface, like adding a touch button if so its mobile ready.
* Save feature and Load Feature.

I think thats it, maybe i made a long list? for the price i think decent will be $70 and up. of course if you want to make the price higher its really up to you, just giving my suggestion. please dont forget to send me the link and i will be your first student for the course. :)
B
S

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:29 pm

Menu concept is done... although a more in depth look at menu unlocking might be in order... (you want it to save in between plays?)

Hero movement and animation is covered, I didn't add a attack, so I'll add that in with enemy AI and health...

scoring and health bar done!

I have 1 power up, flying... right now the tutorial is setup to have flying without a animation and using fuel while flying... (with refillable fuel packs) (I'll get a animation and maybe particles up with flying!)

what do you mean by something they can edit? I will link to the sprite player I'm using, which is public domain art...

touch is super easy to add, but I didn't remember that one, I'll add that one...

save and load is another good one to add :D but what features should be saved and loaded? or just concept?

$70 sounds good :D (udemy might have a suggestions, but I'll probably put it near that)

Thanks for all the suggestions :D
Justin / ~Ant
Eat ALL THE BACON!
B
S
G

Return to Job Offers and Team Requests