Win a flying monkey and Scirra stickers!

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:50 pm

"The Inspector"

You work as a health inspector that hits up local dive restaurants and bars around town and checks up on safety code violations. Expired food, old equipment, broken pipes, etc. It would be a top down 16-bit style game. You get a time limit to check up on each place and make their life a living hell. + points for rats, roaches, and bums living in the back. High scores would get posted online on Facebook. Someone make it happen.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:53 pm

I just love games that are creative and stand out, anything that does that well is a game for me.

I mostly want to see more games with dynamic content. I just love procedural generated levels and other goodies that add replayability.Helladen2013-02-01 15:54:04
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:56 pm

My dream game is an RTS. Imagine Age of Empires, but each character is a person with their own personality and wants. They get hungry, happy, sad, have a family, then go off to war or on diplomatic missions. You can build cities on top of the land, or underground, and where you decide to live changes your characters. Underground they mine tunnels and get physically stronger, and better night vision, etc. On top of land they get better farm land, and perform better in the day.

It also has RPG elements where you can design armour, shields, swords, etc, and your characters can get really good at both combat and other professions (blacksmith, baker, candlestick maker). Combat would be more realistic in the sense that they can block attacks, rather than whittle down a health bar. The more training, the better the fighter. I imagine the possibility of a single fighter with loads of training and experience going up against an army and winning.

When you kill an enemy, you can loot their body, take their weapons and armour, and then depending on your skill you can backwards engineer the design and make it your own.

Of course, you don't have to do an all out war. You can sneak into an enemy location, blend in with the crowd, and have your assassin take down people with stealth.

*sigh...* One day... one day...
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

Nintendo Wii U Developer using Construct 2
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:06 pm

This may not be the most interesting of game ideas but I've always thought that it would be pretty sweet to have a game that allowed you to drive a car around your local area. It would be similar to that of Google Maps Street View but smoother and more interesting to cruise about in. It would save you so much fuel in the end as well as saving the environment ;P
B

Post » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:09 pm

i would love to make a game that is set on planet earth many years in the future. the earth has been split in two by a collision. life continues but its hard going. the collision created an extra moon that cause's the oceans to rise and fall. the sky is a constant rainbow. you would be able to travel on this waterfall(but reversed) and visit the the new moon.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:11 pm

Actually I have a game I've been mulling over in my head for several years, even have a name for it.

The Devil Made Me Do It

Its pretty standard really. Set on an island/port in a medieval period.
Boy/idiot saves girl/princess from evil warlord/vampire.
Since the protagonist is a dufas he needs a bit of help from a shadowy figure to eventually become an all out badass.
Throw in some ulterior motives, and a bit of semi turn based actions for a dungeon crawler that starts out in the jungle, runs to peak of a snowy mountain, and down to a lava filled finale.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:15 pm

My dream game would be an adventure, storytelling platformer game.
The main character would be a nameless girl who goes on a journey to find happiness. She would travel through various places (forests, villages, etc..) and meet different characters (who all have their version of what is true happiness).
It would use hand drawn graphics enchanced with some computer graphics, and would have a calm, relaxing atmosphere.
The target platform is Win/Mac/Linux with keyboard / gamepad controls.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:20 pm

My dream computer game would be a game that starts about nothing, the world and plot has all vanished and it is your goal to get the game pixelated together/"almost like a bunch of glitched games all morphed and wigged out together. Random floating scenes and multiple art style npcs to talk to . The user then is able to slowly piece back together the world and decide what kind of game He wants to play.

I'm sure this is confusing but like most ideas derived from a dream not much is known until the dream has came into focus or achieved.

Thanks for reading. Best of luck to all, on wining these awesome stickers. And flying MONKEY!!! thejubbez2013-02-02 04:43:28
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:32 pm

My ideal game would be an "FPS" but instead of guns and other weaponry you use spells/magic. The game would let players choose a set of spells and fight with those in a modern setting. For example a map could be an office building and instead of light machine guns spraying at the guys with shotguns, it would be s guy throwing fireballs while his opponent is lobbing spears of ice with a team coming from the side to flank with an arc of lightning.

A huge focus would be put on making each spell set have its own identity while still granting the utility that others have so that the game is balanced but allows players to play in a style that suits them. So while each spell may have a way to set a damaging trap, Ice will impale them with spikes, Fire would ignite the area, and Lightning would chain between close players.

While this could easily just be another "FPS" style clone, I feel that the mix of scenery and weaponry could make the game stand out.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:44 pm

On online multiplayer universe where each player builds a world that interacts with other players built worlds. Could be just a house with a lemonade stand out front recharging stats for a coin. Or a space station ferrying players around the planet. Whatever the needs for your area, built with earnings.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General