Win Phone 8.1 App crashes randomly after adding Audio (CAPX)

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:51 pm

I have the same problem in a Windows Phone game ... I can start to play and after some time it crash... In some devices I can´t play, it just crash at inicialization... could you test in your win phone please?
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store ... 8ba14a2457
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:05 pm

@Alemar - see the bug report I linked to earlier, Microsoft need to fix it.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:46 pm

@Ashley yes I saw.They sent me a email asking me to fix the game saying the game can't use touch... Of course this is an automatic test and probably crashed on start. I have a win phone and I can start to play and after some time it crash.I tested in other win device and really it don't start... Everithing works nice in androids... I'll reply the email explaining the problem, and showing that microsoft should fix , and not us.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:12 pm

@Alemar... make sure you bug them to fix their "bugs"!

Unfortunately not everyone is doing that and they are going really slow on fixing this issue!
Create your own Isometric Runner Game using C2:

Check out my game "Last of the Survivors":
Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:04 pm

@SamRock eheheh yes I'll bug them...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:14 am

This audio bug is driving me nuts!

First I find a bug with Accelerometer now this? I can live without Accelerometer, but Audio? It seems to me WinJS is full of bugs... I miss XNA.

Any idea when this will be resolved?

h**ps://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/bff129f5-6959-4e0d-8336-b494bb242be2/accelerometerremoveeventlistener-causing-app-freeze?forum=wpdevelop
B

Post » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:41 pm

Syeef wrote:This audio bug is driving me nuts!

First I find a bug with Accelerometer now this? I can live without Accelerometer, but Audio? It seems to me WinJS is full of bugs... I miss XNA.

Any idea when this will be resolved?

h**ps://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/bff129f5-6959-4e0d-8336-b494bb242be2/accelerometerremoveeventlistener-causing-app-freeze?forum=wpdevelop

Wish I had an answer for you but MS themselves are awfully quiet about this issue!
I suspect they are pretty soon going to announce a new browser for Windows (and Phone), probably code named Spartan. And that one will be lighter and way advanced in feature than this buggy IE :evil:
And because of this they are ignoring all old stuff!

Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:52 pm

How about exporting using intel xdk?
Something big is coming...
To the Windows Store, App Store, Play Store and 14 other app marketplaces near you! :)
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:47 pm

akkthedev wrote:How about exporting using intel xdk?

I havent tried that! But will it make any difference since the game will still run on a Mobile IE?

Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:06 am

Just to be clear: I don't use Construct.

That said, I am facing another issue with HTML5 Audio... if too many sound effects are loaded (14 to be exact in my case), pressing the home key to go to start menu and then back key to resume the app, repeating this action twice causes app crash. If I remove the sound effects completely, no such issue; or if i remove them on home key press and then reload them again on resume, no crash also, but that means have to wait for them to reload again....

Stupid Microsoft... gave us false hope, wasted time for nothing! WinJS is useless because of these crippling HTML5 Audio bugs. I am going back to c++.
B

PreviousNext

Return to Closed bugs