Win8 App - WACK fails

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
The internet is bombarded daily with new apps (app is the short term for application)
  • Hi all,

Sorry no capx the game runs fine.

But the export fails the WACK process:

I have been trying to submit a game to the windows store but it fails the WACK validation process.

The report says that jquery-2.0.0.0.min.js is not properly UTF-8 encoded....

The report says to re-save the affected file as UTF-8 encoded (signed)

When you do that it Passes the WACK from within VS.

But when you test the app using WACK outside of VS it fails the performance section. This is what the report states:

Performance test

FAILED

Bytecode generation

?

Error Found: The bytecode generation test detected the following errors: ?This package was deployed for development or authoring mode. Uninstall the package and re-install it normally.

?

Impact if not fixed: As a performance optimization to accelerate JavaScript execution time, JavaScript files ending in the ".js" extension generate bytecode when the app is deployed. This optimization significantly improves start-up and ongoing execution times for JavaScript.

?

How to fix: You may need consider one or more of these steps to fix the issue:

• Ensure that event logging is enabled
    • All JavaScript files are syntactically valid; otherwise exclude the respective files from the package
    • Please note that you should uninstall all previous versions of the app before deploying

Otherwise exclude the respective files from the package.

Any ideas....

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've set the jquery file encoding to UTF-8 for the next build. That tool is seriously fussy.

• Ashley, I have to agree!

Thanks for the quick reply.

I will eagerly await the next build, and see if the WACK passes.

• Ashley, on a side note:

When testing the game for purchase all works as expected, however when exported with test mode set to no, the app reports that it is purchased.

Am I right to conclude that is because it is running on my dev machine and have a developer licence?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)