Windows 10

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Creepy Sprite Font suitable font for your Dark/Horror/Halloween games.
  • So, I've been following the updates for Windows 10 across all devices and had some questions pertaining to Construct 2 and Windows 10. Dunno what Ashley has planned for windows 10 but I'm curious: Microsoft claims that windows 10 is now a unified codebase, and that you can program for one, and run apps on all platforms (PC, Phone, Tablet, Xbox). If that is the case, maybe there is hope getting C2 games on xbox one?

• I wonder what performance will be like on it too, since DirectX 12 apparently has significantly faster draw calls.

• We aim to have a Windows 10 universal app exporter by the next stable release. Whether this works for Xbox One depends on Microsoft's decisions about to what extent they will allow these apps to run on Xbox. I think it is likely something will be supported, but it's not clear to what extent that will be, so I don't want to advertise or hype up the possibility yet.

• TOO LATE HYPE GOT

• Windows 10 support! Awesome!

• I hope Microsoft do a better job of audio support in W10 than the complete lack of audio features currently in IE11. Maybe they'll ship W10 with Chrome .

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • As long as project Spartan turns out to be a powerful compliant browser I'll be happy. I wouldn't mind some sort of Xbox compatibility though.

• I hope Microsoft do a better job of audio support in W10 than the complete lack of audio features currently in IE11. Maybe they'll ship W10 with Chrome .

not on the version that I have tested . sorry

• MadSpy, . So much for my hopes there then!!

• Edge already supports Web Audio, so audio should work fine on Windows 10 devices.

• Great news, Ashley, thanks!

• Windows 10 support.....Universal Apps .....Wohoooo!!

Cool future for Scirra

Thanks Ashley

You do know Microsoft got rid of Internet Explorer with the upcoming release of Windows 10 right?

• You do know Microsoft got rid of Internet Explorer with the upcoming release of Windows 10 right?

Yes.... I think you missed my point - which Ashley answered - which was concern whether Microsoft will fully support web audio features for W10. My response was a cynical snipe at how MS almost did a really good job with IE11, apart from this one huge oversight. You do know that web audio features aren't supported in IE11?

Just been playing around in Win10 10130.

Spartan:

C2 projects fail to load - blank screen.

Also Spartan will not go full screen -at least I cant find anywhere to tell it to.

IE:

Loads fine, runs fine.

Audio don't know if it has improved or not.

The taskbar always shows - even when going full screen.

Firefox:

Loads fine. 60 fps constant. Visible jerkiness constant.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)