Windows 10

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:22 pm

Yeah, I would think MS wants everyone to move to 10, so I doubt that Edge will be available for any previous flavour of Win.
If it can be done, someone on the web will show you how to do it!

CDASI Games Mentality Break Splat-a-bug FlapFleet Challenge
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:36 pm

Ashley wrote:I've done a bunch of testing in Edge and everything worked great. I've not run in to any problems yet.

Hi Ashley, for me any project, even a blank one fail to load. After about 30 seconds Edge displays a page that says 'localhost 50000 can't be reached right now' or something similar.

IE runs fine though.
If it can be done, someone on the web will show you how to do it!

CDASI Games Mentality Break Splat-a-bug FlapFleet Challenge
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:41 pm

saiyadjin wrote:i've bought lumia 930 like a few days ago. call me crazy but that phone owns.

Windows phones are great!

If you are eligible, I recommend you check out DevMov by Microsoft. You can get free stuff by making Windows apps. You can get a Surface Pro 3, among many other prizes :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:44 pm

@ashley

I discovered this problem too on my build... confused the life out of me.
I'm using a Windows 7 machine with IE11. running from the C2 it runs fine, but when exported and uploaded, it freezes. I went into the debugger console and there's nothing wrong there. I changed the browser emulation from EDGE to 10, and it started working.

I'm not sure how to dig through the full programme as it's only the uploaded version with the issue and not the "run layout" version. If you have any pointers on how to track the problem down, I'll go digging. The console is not reporting any errors.

As it stands, this is a major problem. I'll not freak for the moment as I'm sure it will be fixed..

Found some more information...

Creating AppCache with manifest: 'http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/nebula_rebuild/offline.appcache'.
AppCache Fatal Error
WEBGL11135: getContext: Context attribute depth:false is not currently supported

Error loading image 'http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/nebula_rebuild/images/galaxy_enemies-sheet0.png': [object Event]
Error loading image 'http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/nebula_rebuild/images/galaxy_enemies-sheet0.png': "
[object Event]{AT_TARGET: 2, bubbles: false, BUBBLING_PHASE: 3, cancelable: false, cancelBubble: false, CAPTURING_PHASE: 1, constructor: Event {...}, currentTarget: HTMLImageElement {...}, defaultPrevented: false, eventPhase: 2, isTrusted: true, srcElement: HTMLImageElement {...}, target: HTMLImageElement {...}, timeStamp: 1434912294476, type: "error"}

for information, if I go to the image referenced there, it exists.

I hope this makes more sense to you than to me ;)
R
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:58 pm

@Ashley, I did a bit more digging... and I had protected my dev-site with a .htaccess control.
removing the htaccess controls allowed the game to run. somehow the permissions granted to access the index.html and other scripts did not follow through to the sub-directories.

given that, I suspect it could be more to do with the edge engine than the C2 code.

R
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:46 pm

rho wrote:@Ashley, I did a bit more digging... and I had protected my dev-site with a .htaccess control.
removing the htaccess controls allowed the game to run. somehow the permissions granted to access the index.html and other scripts did not follow through to the sub-directories.

given that, I suspect it could be more to do with the edge engine than the C2 code.

R

I just loaded up Windows 10.

I am getting a blank page (page not found) when testing my apps in browser for both Spartan (edge), IE, and Firefox.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:34 pm

@Ashley, will teh WIndows 10 updates only include changes in the pubCenter and IAP plugins?

I read MS has introduced Video Ads & Interstitial Ads in pubCenter. It will be great if Scirra team can have these basic plugins ready for stabel version. Also as you work on the IAP plugin, request you to include IAP consumable feature :)
Create your own Isometric Runner Game using C2:

Check out my game "Last of the Survivors":
Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:06 am

If anyone has any issues with any C2 features on Windows 10/Edge, please file a bug report following all the guidelines or it will not be investigated.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:51 pm

i'll be sure to test everything out when i upgrade in a couple of days. Everyone please file a bug report, so we can get things fixed, if anything is not working!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:42 am

@Ashley pubCenter plugin works with windows 10 ?

a test it in visual studio but not show advertising.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General