Windows 8 bugs

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:26 pm

Hello,
I have found that Pinch-to-Zoom/Rotate moves the canvas around in fullsceen mode using the simulator in Windows 8. This of course is not good at all as it kind of breaks the game. I know it's just a experimental build but just wanted to point it out if you didn't already knew.

/Fredrik
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Are these the system gestures (like a 4-finger swipe) or literally just pinching? What device are you testing on? If you're using a simulator I guess it's not real touch input?

Our code tells the browser not to handle touch input, because we handle it ourselves, so it seems odd it would still override that.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:08 pm

I caused the bug using rotation touch mode and sometimes Pinch/zoom touch mode. And yeah it's the simulator so it's not real touch. Maybe that's why it's happening? It's generally when I use rotate/pinch/zoom around the edges that the error occurs. I have posted an image of how it looks like when i can start moving the canvas around.

I'm using the Bouncing Balls example, the only thing I have edited is setting Fullscreen in browser = Scale

http://i.imgur.com/yD7aC.png

If I set fullscreen to = off you can pretty much freely move the whole canvas around and even outside the screen using the same modes.

Sadly I don't have a real multitouch device to test this on, it might just be a fault with the emulator but I can't test that. Oh, I can't reproduce this with the example apps that come with Visual Studio 2012 so I'm not convinced.Fredrik2012-06-19 16:32:32
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:19 pm

That's really weird, I don't have a real Windows 8 touch device to test on though. So it might just be a quirk of the simulator, no way to tell until a real device comes out.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:15 pm

I have analog problem...
In real sensors devices
B

Return to Closed bugs