Windows 8 export no sound

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:53 am

Hi All,

When I export my project to Windows 8 app and import into Visual Studio I get no sound and no sound folder with the export.

Can anyone help, have I missed something.

Kind Regards
Adrian
B

Post » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:24 am

I know that different browsers require the sound files to be in specific formats - maybe (total guess here) you have not got the required sounds in the format that windows 8 is expecting?
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:42 am

Thanks for the reply.

The issue is that the construct 2 windows 8 exporter is not offloading the sound files. In the windows phone exporter you get a media file with all the sound exported. With Windows 8 exporter you get no sound output file.
B

Post » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:50 am

RamPackWobble you are 100% correct I changed the file format and hey presto I got sound. You are a star Thank you.
B

Post » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:02 am

OK - maybe this needs reporting as a bug then ?

But - I've just tried a very quick test: I started with the windows 8 game template that comes with construct 2, added two sound files from the free bundle (an .ogg and a .wav) and exported to windows 8 (and also to windows 8 phone) both exported folders contain media sub-folders and in each media folder is only the .wav files (no ogg).

So maybe a little more research into sound formats is required ?

edit - I obviously type very slowly ! (but in my defence I was checking things as I went along)RamPackWobble2014-01-26 08:03:48
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?