Windows 8 In-App Purchases problem

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:54 pm

@lipstick
I did that too. But solution with (Has purchased ...) is just workaround as please note that:
"Has product
Test if a given product ID has been successfully purchased by the user. Note that in some cases this will be false for the first few seconds of the app running even if the user has purchased the item, and then later become true when the store finishes loading the store status in the background. Try to avoid using this condition before On store listing success triggers."

Source: https://www.scirra.com/manual/173/iap

Either way I still don't understand why 'On successful purchase' triggers when user hit Cancel while purchasing process in store !?

On the other hand @thehen in his Mortar Melon manage to implement it correct way. I've checked scenario we are facing on his game and it works correctly.
https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/596/adding-in-app-purchases-to-your-windows-8-game

Regards
E
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:35 pm

Perhaps contrary to 'test mode' it still fires the 'success' handler in the real store, but with 'Has product' returning false. This is at best confusing design on the part of Microsoft, and I'd consider it a bug... but we might be able to work around it.

I presume it works fine if you add the 'Has product' condition under 'On successful purchase'? And if 'Has product' is false in that trigger, treat it also as a failed purchase.

If that workaround works we can build it in to the plugin itself.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:35 am

I'm having difficulty getting IAP to work as well. When I was running in test mode it said the product was no longer available. I added events to create graphics if an action completes since I was having difficulty verifying what was happening. Based on the results and the events you can see in the image it looks like Construct is only getting as far as seeing if the Windows Store is online.

I had made a second in-app purchase offer on the Windows Dev Dashboard to see if my product really wasn't there, but it seems like construct is not even getting the product listing.

Does anyone have any insight?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:07 am

I think I may have resolved it, testing now, but the Visual Studio solution needed to be associated with an app in the store.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?