Windows 8 Pro or Windows RT

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
10 isometric and animated Strategy Game Buildings in two Colors.
  • Hi there,

On which Windows 8 Version (Pro or RT) can i Export my Construct 2 Games?

Must i have a Developer-Account or somethihng else in addition?

KMag

• Both.

You need to compile the final in VS2012, which has output options for both architectures

To submit your app to the Windows store, you need an individual dev account

• The Windows 8 Apps that Construct 2 exports ought to run everywhere, since they are based on HTML5. In theory this includes Windows Phone 8, but since no devices are public yet I haven't been able to test and verify this.

Construct 2 itself will only run on x86 or x64 systems, which I think excludes Windows RT.

• so can i create a desktop app in full screen mode with vs2012?

do i need a different vs2012 template than the one that c2 generates for me?

or does windows 8 html support is only for metro?

• bjadams - the Windows 8 export is for the "metro" style apps (it's not actually called metro any more, but it means the tile-style apps that run from the new touch-enabled start menu). The only way to run on the desktop at the moment is via Awesomium or in the browser, but I would strongly recommend you publish a Windows 8 App instead since you get in the Windows Store that way.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • yes i tried both options and they work great, however awesomium does not support sensors on windows8 (whilst metro export does), and awesomium crashes on exit on windows7 :( (no crash on exit on win8)

• I'm wating for a convertible device with windows 8 like iconia w510 or samsung ativ smart to be released. Good and native HTML5 support + Sensors support + market. Windows 8 might be a gamechanger for HTML5.

• windows 8 "metro" or whatever its called now will give a super boost to html5 apps. if you close an eye on the missing opengl support, the rest is great

• Remember RT uses ARM processors. Not sure if VS2012 will target that without you calling it out.

• FYI, VS2012 does target ARM processors. You can set your project to compile once for all processors (recommended), or if you have to create a different assembly for the different processors you can target just x86 or ARM.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)