Windows 8.1 Universal Apps Draw Sprites Bug

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Draw It!
$19 USD
The objective is to correctly guess and complete the missing part of the picture.
  • Problem Description

The Exported Windows 8.1 Universal App works perfect in Windows 8.1 but not in Windows Phone 8.1, I believe it's a problem with the Sprites (instead of show the image of the sprite it shows a black square.

Attach a Capx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7grcc4pwo8ots6/Example%20Error.capx

Description of Capx

The first Layout it's the World Menu Layout, after a few seconds it takes you to the First World Layout.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 Export for Windows Store, Universal 8.1+ (VS2013.2)
    • Step 2 Open the project on Visual Studio 2013.2
    • Debug for Windows 8.1 and it works
    • Debug for Windows Phone 8.1 and it shows the images improperly

Observed Result

• Example 1 The World Menu Layout - SPRITES DRAW PROPERLY
    • Example 2 The World 1 Layout - SPRITES DRAW IMPROPERLY

Expected Result

I expect that the Windows Phone emulator runs the app showing the images properly.

Affected Browsers

• Windows 8.1: (NO)
    • Windows Phone 8.1: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1 Update 1 (64-bits)

I have the Intel HD Drivers updated to 8.15.10.2900, the last version available for my PC

Construct 2 Version ID

Release 170 Beta (64-bits)

• Closing as not a bug. Look in the javascript console of the emulator: it's returning 'OUT_OF_MEMORY' errors, which appear to be due to your use of very large images. For example you have a 2560x1440 image which firstly is over the maximum size of 2048x2048 that some devices support, and further is completely a waste because it's all a solid color, so you could have used a 32x32 sprite and just stretched it up and saved 99% of the memory. There are several other very large images. Your project does not appear to use too many images so it does seem odd that it would be reporting out of memory already, but perhaps it's more memory constrained than you think. If you think there is still a problem it would be best to contact Microsoft about it since the memory error is being reported by Windows Phone and is not to do with the C2 engine.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can you give me and advice Ashley? How to manage the solid color 32x32 to make a background?

• Iolva - just open the image editor, press resize, type 32 x 32...

• Ashley So the size inside the image editor would be 32x32, but the size of the sprite inside the project would be like background (1204x768 just and example)?

Like this:

Or what it's the best for this background case?

Thank you so much for your time.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)