Windows app failed certification

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
The internet is bombarded daily with new apps (app is the short term for application)
  • So my app failed review for the windows store. The only thing I can think of is that I put that it has access to the internet under the capailities in the apppackage manifest. I thought you had to do this if you want ads in your game. Anyway here is what I got back. Has any body else had anything similar?

This test evaluates your software for content compliance with Windows Store Certification Requirements. Learn more

Your app doesn't meet requirement 3.2. Learn more

Commons reasons why apps fail this requirement:

The app crashes on launch.

The app crashes randomly or repeatedly.

The app freezes and the user has to close and restart the app.

The app requires a Windows component library that the Windows Store doesn't support. To avoid this, make sure your development tools are up-to-date.

Your app doesn't meet requirement 4.1. Learn more

Notes from Testers:

B:: The app has declared access to network capabilities and no privacy statement was provided in the Description page.

C:: The app has declared access to network capabilities and no privacy statement was provided in the Windows Settings Charm.

B:: This app stopped responding during the review and we couldn't complete the review of it.

• Did you include a privacy policy?

4.1.1 Your app must have a privacy statement if it is network-capable

If your app has the technical ability to transmit any user's personal information, you must maintain a privacy policy. You must provide access to your privacy policy in the Description page of your app, as well as in the app�s settings as displayed in the Windows Settings charm.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh694083.aspx

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You should also beware of using third party plugins and minifying - some don't support the minifier and get broken when you export. So either avoid using third party plugins, or try exporting again without minifying. All official plugins and behaviors should work 100% fine when minified.

• I did not...

Where do you put this privacy policy and where can I get a stock one?

• I think that when I minified the code it didn't run. But I will try again without the minified code.

• In a "Clay.io plug-in" post in the Plug-in forum, page 22 in the replies, Austin answered how to submit to the Win8 store using that plugin:

...the API should work if you export as Windows 8 and include socket.io.js, clay.js and clay.css. Per Windows 8's approval process, since Clay.io asks for user info, you'll have to include a privacy policy in the settings charm. You can add that with something like:

WinJS.Application.onsettings = function (e) {

e.detail.applicationcommands = {

"about": {

title: "Privacy", href:"http://clay.io/privacy"

}

}

WinJS.UI.SettingsFlyout.populateSettings(e);

};

I'm still not sure where you put that code, (if minified?) but it sounds like another lead. He however didn't have an example of an actual Construct2 game that has made it yet.

• B:: This app stopped responding during the review and we couldn't complete the review of it.

The other responses are really useful to know, thanks. But did you guys not notice the really important one about the app crashing?

• try exporting again without minifying.

I didn't know this was an option in C2. I haven't seen it in preferences. How do you disable minification?

(I assumed minification was part of C2's internal build process using the Google Closure compiler... so do you disable it using some sort of command line flag to C2 or to the Compiler?)

• When exporting untick "minify script".

• Thanks a lot. That's what I needed to know.

• Hi All, as per Austin's instructions for clay.io, I put the privacy statement under the About Section of the charm.

That should be ok right?

However, the game still failed certification. One thing I did forget to do was to point out exactly where the policy was located, or is the fact that it's under About not good enough?

• Actually as I've learned the hard way, you have to have an accessible/selectable link in the settings charm itself, or the actual policy.

It is ok to have it in the About section of the charm as long as the above conditions are met.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)