Windows Phone - Finger Dash

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:14 am

Hey guys! My first app recently got certified for Windows Phone 8. Finger Dash is a simple puzzle game in which you control a movable cursor and must slide it through numerous mazes to the finish before time runs out.

Here's the store link : http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/finger-dash/1fc17f9e-5468-4489-ab09-6b0baebc787e

Feel free to download it on Windows Phone and give it a try :)

If anyone has any questions in terms of developing it or any feedback feel free to reply or pm me! Thanks
B
S

Post » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:45 am

I downloaded the game and found the idea quite interesting. Graphics are great and the gameplay needs no introduction, but...
1)the button does not recognize touch on most times, I recommend to increase the size of the bounding box.
2)I can jump over the fences and cheat
3)The timelimit is too short

I hope, that you can make these fixes, I'm sure, that it makes your game much more playable.   
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:31 pm

[QUOTE=trollface] I downloaded the game and found the idea quite interesting. Graphics are great and the gameplay needs no introduction, but...
1)the button does not recognize touch on most times, I recommend to increase the size of the bounding box.
2)I can jump over the fences and cheat
3)The timelimit is too short

I hope, that you can make these fixes, I'm sure, that it makes your game much more playable.   [/QUOTE]
That's strange. I set the button to reset to the nearest tile when it collides with a wall, causing you to lose your current touch on the button. It shouldn't be jumping over certain walls though. I could definitely raise the time limit and work on a fix for the current issue. Thanks for the input I also played with the collision boxes on both the button and walls to make it as fair as possible in terms of colliding with walls and interacting with the button. I didn't want the button to be reset after the slightest impact with a wall, so I set their collisions to be a little more forgiving on the player. I might make it a tad larger to make it easier to touch.Masai2013-10-07 19:37:14
B
S

Return to Completed Creations