WIndows Phone plug in won't play sound

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Casual Gameplay Music is a royalty free collection of background music tracks and loops.
  • Hello,

I am following the tutorial (https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/593/windows-phone-games-with-construct-2/page-1?page=2) to try to get sound to work on a WP device. After tinkering and failing for a bit, I tried the completed .capx from the tutorial.

1) export to windows phone 8

2) Add all of the .wav files into the media folder.

3) Add existing items in Visual Studio. Make sure the .wave files show up.

4) rebuild and deploy

No sound. :(

Anyone have an idea on how to trouble shoot?

• KiratTheKop, hmmm, using those same steps I've gotten sound on my Windows Phone 8 (Nokia Lumia 820). What device do you have?

And, if I remember correctly, I think during the export process, Construct 2 renames the audio files to lowercase. So, are the WAV files you import the same as the renamed audio files?

Here's one of my apps that I just tested that has sound. Let me know if you also hear sound on it or not. App link

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I noticed that and tried renaming them to uppercase. Then I tried it again all lower case. :(

• thehen

Okay figured it out. I have to use the project solution that came with the plugin. What does that solution do differently from the one ported by Construct 2?

Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)