Winstratos - High speed shmup

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:15 am

Hello, guys!

My name is Paulo Cezarino. I work as a freelance graphic designer and illustrator, and I'm a great shmup fan. I'm presenting this project I've been working on my free time:

Winstratos is a high speed shmup, designed for both hardcore and casual players. I've been carefully tuning the controls, so I hope anyone can play it!

The game

Winstratos, like many shmups, was greatly inspired by the classics: R-Type, Gradius, RayForce and many others. You choose a difficulty (from casual to hardcore, changing parameters like bullet speed and amount of enemies), a ship and blast through six to eight stages, each with its own boss at the end. After each boss, you unlock additional weapons, which I'll cover on the future!

But wait, only six to eight stages? Not really. Due to the nature of the game, you indeed won't need much time to finish a playthrough. Whoever, I'm taking the Star Fox and Darius approach, so expect a lot of alternate paths (and by this I mean completely different stages). Combined with the all the unlocking and goals, I'm expecting plenty of replay.

Graphics

Mostly digital painting, runs on 1080p. Thanks to R0J0hound for the mode7 effect! :­)
I felt like making an arcade game on the 90's. Hope you guys like it :­)

And that's it! I'll be updating this topic with more info. Feel free to comment and ask any questions, and expect a playable demo very soon!

Winstratos on:

Twitter
Facebook
Tumblr
(Still working on them!)

Thanks! :­)
Winstratos on:

Twitter
Facebook
Tumblr
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:02 am

Holy crap, this looks fantastic!
I so need to play this, give us the demo already!
B
S

Post » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:05 pm

facecrime wrote:Holy crap, this looks fantastic!
I so need to play this, give us the demo already!

Hey, thanks! :­D

I'm finishing the last bits. I'm also having some issues with loading on iOs, but I expect to solve this before long.
Winstratos on:

Twitter
Facebook
Tumblr
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:06 pm

Wow!! It looking very nice really!!
I just love the Space Shooters and we need more game in this style!!
B

Post » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:31 pm

Elinewton wrote:Wow!! It looking very nice really!!
I just love the Space Shooters and we need more game in this style!!

Thanks! It's a free time project but I'm giving my all. :­D

Coming with another gif! This is another section of stage 2, inside the base.
Winstratos on:

Twitter
Facebook
Tumblr
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:14 am

AWWWW YEAAAHHH, THAT IS SOME ACTION PACKED STUFF!!
Risk Rocket now available on Google Play
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:33 pm

Only now realizing that this might in fact have seperate movement and aiming controls? Sweet.

Noob question on the side: how do you make the gifs, convert fraps clips or something more streamlined?
B
S

Post » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:09 pm

f***ing awesome!! :D :D
great effects and game engine looks pretty fun to watch, I imagine it must be even more fun to play
Open for Commission, contact email > [email protected]

my personal website with news in my game developer adventure! |

adult ( 18) pixel art games
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:01 pm

Usman Haq wrote:AWWWW YEAAAHHH, THAT IS SOME ACTION PACKED STUFF!!

Yeah, thanks! Even I die sometimes, but you can adjust the speed if it's too much. :­)

facecrime wrote:Only now realizing that this might in fact have seperate movement and aiming controls? Sweet.

Noob question on the side: how do you make the gifs, convert fraps clips or something more streamlined?

Yeah, each ship lets you toggle between attack modes! Some even have additional attacks.

About the gifs, I just used ScreenToGif for the first two. For the third I recorded a video, converted to individual .png files and animated it. A lot of work, but it worked better for my kind of old pc. If you have a good one, I believe ScreenToGif runs smoothly.

gillenew wrote:f***ing awesome!! :D :D
great effects and game engine looks pretty fun to watch, I imagine it must be even more fun to play

Thanks! :­D
Winstratos on:

Twitter
Facebook
Tumblr
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:14 am

Excellent work, but... You REALLY can play at that speed (like in the first gif)???
I had an headache only looking at it...
B
S
G

Next

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests