holy crap, amazing!
Working on creating MYTHS, a 2D sidescroller adventure game - check more at :
nativepixels.com
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:29 pm

Well, I guess this post is gonna keep popping up so I'll respond:

Chances are this won't be released, and if it is, it won't be any time soon. There's some annoying limitations with how it had to be handled because of how C2 works. And with C3 not yet supporting rendering plugins, and an already-announced runtime rewrite, it's not really worth the time or effort to push towards something that would be usable by others without my having to provide a lot of tech support, which I'm not interested in doing.

If you want to achieve the kind of effect I've created here, your best bet in terms of accomplishing it quickly and easily is to use Unity, which unlike Construct has lighting features that aren't terrible and are geared towards actual use in games right out of the box, as well as the required texture rendering features that in Construct depend on 3rd-party plugins, despite it being a very useful feature to accomplish all kinds of visual effects in just about every other popular game engine.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:07 am

@digitalsoapbox

Hello! I've almost finished my pixel game on which I spend almost a year. I did not complete only one thing yet - lighting. Without any lighting, the picture looks so boring and I wanted to know if there are any chances in nearest time to get some information/.capx how to make similar lighting. I know it's raw now, but at least it won't be worse if you share us the detailed way to create this lighting.

Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:58 pm

@digitalsoapbox
Any news on tis?
by the way... link to test is not working :(
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:37 pm

irina wrote:@digitalsoapbox
Any news on tis?
by the way... link to test is not working :(

Don't count on any news. This is dead due to inherent limitations in C2 that have not been corrected in C3 and likely won't be any time soon, if ever.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests