[Wip] Daring Do what others don't

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Wed May 01, 2013 11:30 pm

This is my first "serious" game, It's bassically a platforming game, where you control a pony (named Daring do), and collect items to progress from one level to another, there is 9 levels so far, and I hope there will be more (30 I guess).

I tried mostly to make it so you can try to be quick to end a level.

Controls:

-Left or right : Move Left or right
-Up or down : Climb a ladder
-Space : Jump

Link to the arcade

Later, the menu will be better

Feel free to comment and report bugs you see
https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=152506

And that is why you shall respect the bug reports guidelines, not only giving a capx is making the bug reproductible in one click in a situation they can work with (less time wasted trying to reproduce vague instructions) but also it helps filtering false positives.

Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 03, 2013 5:10 pm

The game is stuck on the loading screen. It downloaded all the stuff and i showing 9.6%

After 30 seconds, it finally started.

I liked the game idea, very well done!! Love India Jones and it remember me the movies, the atmosphere, and the feel =]

Also, ?I like to kill ponies xDTELLES08082013-05-03 17:12:47
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 03, 2013 5:28 pm

I think the game is pretty good puzzle kind of game

however, maybe adding a move where Do makes quick Dash, with a Rainbow trailing behind? could help with some of the tougher puzzles :)

also the game had a very long load time.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 03, 2013 9:58 pm

[QUOTE=TELLES0808] The game is stuck on the loading screen. It downloaded all the stuff and i showing 9.6%

After 30 seconds, it finally started.
[/QUOTE]

I know there was a problem with the loading, but I didn't realised until today, I correct the "stuck" part, and reduces some of the pictures, hope it will help, I will upload it tonight, since it is a big issue.

[QUOTE=TELLES0808] I liked the game idea, very well done!! Love India Jones and it remember me the movies, the atmosphere, and the feel =]

Also, ?I like to kill ponies xD
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that^^, really appreciated

Also, don't kill ponies, They just want to be your friends
(or bucking kill them with fire)

[QUOTE=jayderyu] I think the game is pretty good puzzle kind of game

however, maybe adding a move where Do makes quick Dash, with a Rainbow trailing behind? could help with some of the tougher puzzles :)

also the game had a very long load time.[/QUOTE]

The quick dash, I will think about It, I remember the game Shinobi for the PS2, which had this kind of quick dashes, I think it will be a "limited feature" (a certain amount through the game, but if you lose a level, the amount will not go down)

EDIT: Upload Done, since the update system was a little strange in the previous version, The new version will load, but it can jump from 40% to 100% (the new version don't have the problem)Aphrodite2013-05-03 22:12:10
https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=152506

And that is why you shall respect the bug reports guidelines, not only giving a capx is making the bug reproductible in one click in a situation they can work with (less time wasted trying to reproduce vague instructions) but also it helps filtering false positives.

Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Return to Completed Creations