Some liken it reverse Tower Climb... others liken it to Spelunker...
DOWN is a cave exploration game where the player must try to descend as far as possible into the procedurally generated caves. Armed with glowsticks and explosives to aid the journey (as well as a bunch of stuff I have yet to add), you try and reach a depth that no man has ever reached while trying to stay alive.
Game is still very early, but check it out:
- W,S,A,D for movement
- G for Glowsticks
- Right Click for Jump
- B is still Bomb
- Spacebar to Detonate
- Mouse Wheel Scroll to Zoom in/out
- Left Click is RESERVED
Also added HOME key to reset level (sometimes causes a crash, not sure why)
- Sometimes level will not generate properly due to bug with creating entrance and/or exit. Game will appear to freeze.
- If you exit the level at the bottom, you will fall out of the level
- If you jump out of the entrance at the top, you will fall out of the level
Builds to come will feature:
- Fully animated character
- "Zoom to Search" function, making players be more aware of their surroundings in order to survive
- Dynamic ropes and abseiling system
- Loads of items, such as glowsticks, bombs, ropes, food, medical, and more
- Player character needs and thoughts
- Dynamic and randomly sized cave sections : [color=#40FF00:2u094cm9]DONE[/color:2u094cm9]
- Headlamp with mouse aiming: [color=#40FF00:2u094cm9]DONE[/color:2u094cm9]
- Aim-able "throw" system for glowsticks: [color=#40FF00:2u094cm9]DONE[/color:2u094cm9]
- Ability to plant bombs on specific tiles
- Better graphics
- Depth Counter
- Water filled areas (possibly using 'Fluid')
Feedback welcome as always!