WIP: Pixel Bear Adventure 2 (demo included)

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:39 am

Couple of additional suggestions, if you weren't already planning on these:

-I'd despawn the rubble after a few seconds. The game starts to lag up once you get a whole bunch of it on the screen (i.e. once you blow up all of the blocks).
-Set a cooldown timer on the bombs (half a second between each, perhaps).

Looking good otherwise. The hidden areas are a really nice touch.
Ruby Winds: a top-down adventure game inspired by the Oracle series of Zelda games.
Twitter - Devlog/Site
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:52 pm

Hi guys! Busy all weekend working on the game, here is a video.
(Btw @SNN135, I did give now the rubble a fade out time of 1 second after 10 seconds to reduce any lag)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJki60jUkA8
Last edited by GTGJon on Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:23 pm

now the pixel bear throws a lot of bombs :D
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:44 pm

The game is very interesting, which will be included in future gameplay?

Put the game on Scirra / Arcade
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:50 pm

@nemezes Yep! He's gonna need those bombs for enemies which will appear after visiting the castle.

@guimaraf I've planned a lot of powers for the bear to unlock, a few include: Stronger limited bombs to blow up stronger walls, an item which lets Pixel Bear double jump, an item which can increase his running speed when a button is held down, bomb jump ability, and a Honey Potion which makes him temporarily invincible.

If you guys have any ideas for power ups or abilities, especially items that are disposable and cost coins, let me know! I'm very open to new ideas and suggestions! :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:44 pm

GTGJon wrote:@nemezes Yep! He's gonna need those bombs for enemies which will appear after visiting the castle.

@guimaraf I've planned a lot of powers for the bear to unlock, a few include: Stronger limited bombs to blow up stronger walls, an item which lets Pixel Bear double jump, an item which can increase his running speed when a button is held down, bomb jump ability, and a Honey Potion which makes him temporarily invincible.

If you guys have any ideas for power ups or abilities, especially items that are disposable and cost coins, let me know! I'm very open to new ideas and suggestions! :)

Very good, the gameplay is very smooth, an interesting upgrade, would be based on elements, fire / ice / thunder / earth.

I think it would make a very interesting charm to the project.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:47 am

real pretty, controls feeling good, too!

bombs are pretty spammable atm, not sure you'll want to keep it like that.

very smooth and responsive overall, keep it up!
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:22 am

@guimaraf That's a great idea! Maybe something like ice bombs to freeze enemies and flame bombs to burn down plants, etc.
@facecrime Yep the basic bombs will be spammable, but probably weaker compared to other limited bombs I'll add later.

New playable demo, only Tutorial works for now so select that and enjoy the 3 tutorial levels.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77241789/FastText/index.html

Last edited by GTGJon on Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:47 pm

I can't even get any further than the title screen, and move the arrows. I've tried every single button to start a new game, but nothing happens.
Follow my progress on Twitter
or in this thread Archer Devlog
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:19 pm

GTGJon wrote:Image
Hey guys whats up! So I've started work on my new game, Pixel Bear Adventure 2!!

I've added a new mechanic, the ability to throw bombs! You can try a mini-demo below.

Latest Demo
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77241789/PBTutorialDone/index.html
(Only Tutorial works for now)
Move and aim bombs
ASDW

Jump
K, 2 on Numpad, or A on Xbox controller

Throw Bombs (first unlock them though!)
J, 1 on Numpad, or X on Xbox controller

Hope you enjoy the mini-demo, any feedback is much appreciated. The game is still in the early phases, but I'll try to update with each major change :mrgreen:

Very cool man. Really good pixel art, very good work. I'm new to C2 so I don't know how this works yet, but I will say this is extremely encouraging and inspirational to see for a newbie like myself. I like how it's going so far!

Take it easy.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests