[WIP] Space Co.

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:30 am

[QUOTE=SoldjahBoy] 1. That is a whole layer, a sprite object set to a light gray colour with multiply effect is covering the whole layer. On top of that is a greyscale sprite set to additive, and it is set to fade behavior. The additive object is created randomly and set to destroy on fade.

2. The rays/flare is made of one object repeated about 20 times. The cloud is the same... I used greyscale images and used the tint effect as well as additive effect.

~Sol[/QUOTE]

Can i ask you to make a .cap tutorial for this?
sorry for being such a pest.
But the effect you achieved... just woah.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:03 pm

You can just look at the cap for what I have already... just keep in mind it's a closed project (at this stage) really so please don't share it around.

I will PM you a link.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:53 pm

[QUOTE=SoldjahBoy]so please don't share it around.[/QUOTE]
its too good to be shared >:3 i am keeping this.
After next 10 years, when you Sol will be already very rich, famous, and publish hellload of games that will gain you a fortune - i shall return!
with this little alpha-sketch which i will then sell to rich collectors
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:22 pm

Haha ok, well... I'm not 100% sure as to what do with it yet, since I am partially using it to "get back into things" but I DO have an objective. Whether or not I finish it completely is another story, since ultimately this game is not any "intended goal".

Having said that, I want to see what happens before I go giving stuff away... a little like "TONKS".

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:30 pm

Anyone who has been playing with this, may have realised it's not actually persistant. I realise I made an error somewhere in the "nebula storm" events that is causing some weird inconsitency.

I will rectifty this tomorrow most likely.

Also, if you notice any bugs please post them here... I am aware of one at the moment, where orbiting bodies will sometimes switch between foreground/background in an unusual manner if travelling in a (mostly) vertical trajectory. It's hardly noticable though, so the effort required to fix it is currently being over-ruled by the fact you probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't mentioned it.

Thanks in advance!

~Sol
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:39 pm

well i think you would have to look at the planets/roids orbit leight. Sometimes it is set very long. yesterday one planet was "orbiting" thru half of my screen hitting nearby solar system lol
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:41 pm

[QUOTE=The_Funny_Guy] well i think you would have to look at the planets/roids orbit leight. Sometimes it is set very long. yesterday one planet was "orbiting" thru half of my screen hitting nearby solar system lol[/QUOTE]

This is partially intentional.

I say partially because the orbits are not quite as tight as I would like, but it seems a good balance in general, plus it's kind of cool watching planetoids change parent stars.

this will not likely be an ongoing problem though, as I also intend on expanding the scrollable layout area, but keeping the same amount of stars (IE more free area per star system).

*EDIT*
I fixed the persistence problem.

~SolSoldjahBoy2011-07-08 19:41:46
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Your Creations