[WIP] Space Striker Assault: Operation Lance ALPHA

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:39 am

Pierce the Enemy Ranks and weave through deadly Attacks with your LANCER starship!

Pilot the LANCER space-cargo transporter against the sinister otherworldly BELZAR ARMADA to reclaim the SUPPLIES humanity needs to SURVIVE THE ONSLAUGHT!

*Features 5 intense levels! Four space missions, and a boss encounter!
*Scaly Fiends from the depths of outerspace!
*chiptune music that is not authentically chiptune!

Arrow Keys: move

Special thanks to the following people who've given me pointers and tips in the help forum for this project:
-and many more

TO-DO List:

-Rehaul and re-design levels to make them tighter and more challenging
-overhaul of enemy code to make movement less buggy
-Fix text so that the Atari text shows up everywhere and not just in level transitions
-Add in Intro and Ending cinematic slideshows (these are all ready completed; I just haven't put them in yet)
-Make end of level screen more rewarding/exciting
-Make GAME OVER screen less amateurish
-Redo amateurish GFX / Music
-Implement scoring system of some sort
***Find out how to implement timer, and array for storing score***

The first Construct project I've made with a semblance of completion to it. Still a Loooooong ways off.

This is something I've been working on-and-off again, at least I WAS last year. I haven't had the time or the know-how to work on it as of late (though dammit I've been trying ;; ).

It was borne out of a desire to
A) actually get something made in Construct Classic instead of a sh*tton of WIPs
B) give a little homage to the Darius series, a series of shooter games that stole my heart :D

There is still much to be done, and it might not be all that enjoyable, yet. But give some feedback if you'd like!
I composed all the music myself, as well as the programmer art. I tried at least to make every single enemy distinct, and standing out from the background. Lots of primary/secondary and complimenting colors. I kind of like them, but I'd love to have more professional-looking sprites in the future.

The game still has a lot to do in it - I consider it nothing more than a playable rough build, if at that. I really want to figure out how arrays work so I can implement a very simplistic timer and top-five (or three maybe) ranking system. Arrays have this way of eluding my understanding for years now.

Enjoy!EmperorIng3602011-12-14 18:45:49

Return to Your Creations