[WIP] SR:OPS (formerly "Stealth Action Game")

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue May 14, 2013 4:33 am

I really like where you're going with it! Maybe it's still a bit too dark, or I'm just having trouble differentiating where the doorways were. I can spot the color change, but I have to look really closely.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 14, 2013 9:24 pm

Thanks for that - I changed the door color, it helps a lot I think.

I'm think of going with the name "SR:OPS". SR would be short for SUb ROsa (which is already a game name, so I can't just use that as I wanted to).

Anyway, I added title screen, mission briefs, and some more stuff last night if anyone wishes to track progress :)

I appreciate the input!
B

Post » Wed May 15, 2013 1:42 am

You're welcome, and I hope we get to see more updates!
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 16, 2013 1:20 pm

I updated the original post with newer screenshots and a link to the new demo. You can now play through the first level to completion.

I ended up ditching the noise effect entirely - now that I have some decent art in the game I wanted to be able to see it clearly :)

New demo link is here.

edit: Whoops! Forgot to add the code to make it possible to LOSE the game, lol. Link updated.thatjoshguy2013-05-16 14:43:02
B

Post » Thu May 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Hi, nice demo!

great graphics and love the atmosphere,
the animated scanline effects on the briefing screen makes me a little bit dizzy though,
run great and no performance issue on my desktop,
I have a few suggestion,
maybe add a silent takedown mechanics, to bring down guards without noise
and since it's a stealth mission, don't you think it's better to bring a gun with a silencer?
B
S

Post » Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm

[QUOTE=mochakingup] the animated scanline effects on the briefing screen makes me a little bit dizzy though,[/QUOTE]

Noted, thanks - I'll slow them down a bit so it's not so striking.

[QUOTE=mochakingup]
maybe add a silent takedown mechanics, to bring down guards without noise
and since it's a stealth mission, don't you think it's better to bring a gun with a silencer?[/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea, but I'm trying to gear the game more towards being stealthy and non-lethal. I am rewarding the player for getting in and out without being detected, and punishing them for what in the real world would be murder (the guards are, after all, just doing their jobs.) I hope to emphasize this later in the story. The player is not a cold-hearted killer, they are a trained professional.

A lot of games are all about action, and often lacking in real-world ethics. Sure, games are great for escapism - but we shouldn't have to kill to be entertained. :)
B

Post » Thu May 16, 2013 3:54 pm

Really cool game!
Keep up, I'd really like to see a full version!
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 16, 2013 4:13 pm

yes I'm aware of it, you can make it so that even with silent takedown the player still punished.
it could add more choices on later level, say there's a crowd of guards, you can sprint through them with bullets behind your back, or take down one guard and get out quietly but with huge collateral damage
:)
B
S

Post » Fri May 17, 2013 4:45 pm

As you can see it's on chrome, and the zoom factor is 100% though it doesn't really change anything.
"Movement: Arrow keys or..."
I don't have the end screen 'cause well... I would have to replay the game (:

You probably just need to extend the text object's size to be on the safe side.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 17, 2013 4:50 pm

[QUOTE=Yann]

As you can see it's on chrome, and the zoom factor is 100% though it doesn't really change anything.
"Movement: Arrow keys or..."
I don't have the end screen 'cause well... I would have to replay the game (:

You probably just need to extend the text object's size to be on the safe side.
[/QUOTE]

That's crazy. Anyone else experiencing this? I haven't been able to duplicate it, so for the time being I'm replacing that page with static images for the text. I'm guessing it's something to do with either the browser's or system's font size, but I just don't know.
B

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations