WIP thread for 'Of Hell'

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:39 pm

I've been working on Of Hell for a short while, trying to come up with new ideas and graphics/music. The main concept of the game is as follows:

It is the 17th century and you are the inventor of steam powered rocket travel. Everyone travels the streets using this marvelous technology, but this wonder came at a price. Hades, god of the Underworld has come to claim the soul you sold in order to become so successful. Now you must escape the sections of the Underworld using your own creation.

Here are some screen shots:

Tartarus:

Elysium:

I hope to share more images soon as well as a video or two and the music I am working on. Thank you for viewing!

A piece of music I am working on for one of the sections of the underworld:

[url:82taq9v5]http://www.Ofhell.com/Readyforadventure.mp3[/url:82taq9v5]

One more piece of music:
[url:82taq9v5]http://www.ofhell.com/preludetolunch.mp3[/url:82taq9v5]

WIP video #1:

[url:82taq9v5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYxufbBmriw[/url:82taq9v5]
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:54 pm

I don't know if the concept is supposed to be funny but it sure sounds funny. :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:56 pm

[quote:ti02m9md]It is the 17th century and you are the inventor of steam powered rocket travel. Everyone travels the streets using this marvelous technology[/quote:ti02m9md]

And the winner for most original storyline goes to! :D

Look forward to seeing it completed!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:15 pm

[quote="Mr Wolf":1n46iec1]I don't know if the concept is supposed to be funny but it sure sounds funny. :)[/quote:1n46iec1]

Oh, it is supposed to be funny. A lot of cheeky humor will appear in the game.

@ Lost my Keys:

Thanks! I am feeling really driven to complete this game, I will be using it as part of a portfolio. I'm currently working on a really simple inventory system.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:33 am

[quote="varr":2w1h2vr3]really simple inventory system.[/quote:2w1h2vr3]
Lies! lol

Somehow it will end up being more complex than you think. It has a simple looking function (just stores items right?), but inventories can be confusing and difficult. I learned that the hard way... :cry:
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:37 am

[quote="Mr Wolf":1jwxjmel][quote="varr":1jwxjmel]really simple inventory system.[/quote:1jwxjmel]
Lies! lol

Somehow it will end up being more complex than you think. It has a simple looking function (just stores items right?), but inventories can be confusing and difficult. I learned that the hard way... :cry:[/quote:1jwxjmel]

I really don't know what I am getting into with the inventory system, but I do like learning. And yes, I do just want it to store items, I fear I will be crying soon too.

Also, updated the main post with a sliver of music.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:56 am

Looking good, man :). I can't wait to see more of this.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:10 am

This better be humorous. Or it would end up being a trying-hard serious when the plot line itself is kind of a joke (good joke).

Looking forward to this. The graphics look pretty cool, though I wonder what thos squares are?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:01 pm

[quote="deadeye":2hv3zrod]Looking good, man :). I can't wait to see more of this.[/quote:2hv3zrod]

Thanks! I look forward to posting more.

@hero_bash:

Totally a not serious storyline =P. Thanks for the comments on the graphics, the purple squares are just level background atmosphere that move around slowly.

New music added to the main post!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:25 am

When you find Hades' Crown of Invisibility, you can now bestow yourself with incorporeal powers. Monsters and terrain hazards no longer hurt you, no longer can you summon rockets, your gravity is set much lower and you can no longer jump.

An example of when the Crown of Invisibility might help:

B
S
G

Next

Return to Your Creations