This is just a little project I'll be working on. It will probably help me to keep development alive until it is functional, if I post it somewhere. Sorry if it bothers anyone.
project on github: https://github.com/AwesomeAxolotl/translation_overlay
latest version: 0.1.0
Overlay polygonal / elliptic masks and spritefont text over images loaded from disk. I want to use it to overlay translation skripts over speech bubbles from raw manga images or japanese digital illustrations. It should generate a json file that another user could load in (provided he has the same image files) to see where texts belong and what they say.
- different fonts (will use SpriteFont+)
- different text color
- text outline (stroke; will use Outline Effect by R0j0hound)
- color picking (for masking when you don't wanna use black or white)
- text placement, basic editing
- image navigation (zooming, panning)
- file navigation inside the folder
- export text and masks placements to reload elsewhere
- undo / redo
- add some general-purpose icons to use (arrows, hearts, ... ?)
- tablet / mobile support (non-nwjs; should be fairly easy to adapt as webservice, if it can access the images from webservers, though)
- text object & webfont support (mainly want to use spritefont for better performance, but could fiddle with adding the possibility to use fonts instead)