[WIP] Unnamed Knight Game :D

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:41 pm

Here's a WIP of a game i'm working on. Currently there's only the main character almost done . The game idea is not completely formed yet, since i focused on gameplay first. But i intend it to be a defend-the-castle-with-your-mighty-knight game type :D

If anyone is interested (:)) Here it is.
More info here.
Thanks!Kiyoshi2011-12-11 19:42:27
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:05 pm

I like the knight :p
Only thing I really dislike is for people like me with a netbook and or laptop it is difficult to have the attack / jump as mouse controls only seeing as I have no external mouse and must use the bar buttons under my trackpad.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:34 pm

Very good. However, I must say that using mouse buttons for attacking and jumping is not very intuitive.
I think it's better to use arrows to move, and Z and X to jump and attack.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:03 pm

Thanks! About the controls yeah you guys are right i'll add arrow keys and z and x . It's because i hate arrow keys and love WASD + Mouse :D . I'll se what i can do thanks guys!Kiyoshi2011-12-11 21:13:16
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:06 pm

This makes me remember that it's somewhat hard/cumbersome to set multiple custom controls :(
The bow angle is primarily controled by mouse but i'll add arrow keys to control it too then. Knight direction is controlled by mouse too :X Man it's so hard to make game controls adaptable to anyone. I personally feel mouse (or touch?) is perfect for this game but that's me :)Kiyoshi2011-12-11 21:14:02
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:43 pm

ta foda abea, rodando liso e tudo mais. eskece essa parada de setas, bota WASD + mouse msm, fica mais facil pra trocar de armas e vc nao vai precisar escrever um comando pra travar a tela, as setas mechem as telas que nem o barra de espao e isso eh moh chato.

soh tem q ajeitar o mouse pra ele nao sair da tela pq isso causa uns erros de seleao quando o botao esquerdo ta precionado, a nao ser que vc ponha algum evento pra o botao ser desativado quando o mouse sair da tela.

e a tela ficou fora do lugar, como se tivesse pulado pro lado
reparei no som do pulo que ocorre quando clica com o botao direito, ficou legal mas quando tu spama e fica apertando direto fica meio eskisito, de resto esse jogo tem tudo pra ficar supimpa. ja tem historia e tals? (acho q vo tomar uma dura pq to falando em portugues)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:48 pm

Please stick to english in the forums, or provide a translation to your posts. Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:05 pm

[QUOTE=valdarko] ta foda abea, rodando liso e tudo mais. eskece essa parada de setas, bota WASD + mouse msm, fica mais facil pra trocar de armas e vc nao vai precisar escrever um comando pra travar a tela, as setas mechem as telas que nem o barra de espao e isso eh moh chato.

soh tem q ajeitar o mouse pra ele nao sair da tela pq isso causa uns erros de seleao quando o botao esquerdo ta precionado, a nao ser que vc ponha algum evento pra o botao ser desativado quando o mouse sair da tela.

e a tela ficou fora do lugar, como se tivesse pulado pro lado
reparei no som do pulo que ocorre quando clica com o botao direito, ficou legal mas quando tu spama e fica apertando direto fica meio eskisito, de resto esse jogo tem tudo pra ficar supimpa. ja tem historia e tals? (acho q vo tomar uma dura pq to falando em portugues)[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, and yeah try sticking to english here so that the other guys don't get angry :) About the screen , it's not "misplaced" at all it's a camera style . It focus a little ahead of the player that's all. About the sound getting strange when you click too much that should be a browser problem, nothing that i can do about that.
So can you guys suggest me on this ? Do i leave it like it is with WASD + Mouse (more adequate to the gameplay) or just ditch it and put arrow keys + Z,X ? Or put the two options ? And another thing: Is it possible to lock the mouse to game so it doesn't go out of focus and can't click on anything other than the game area ?Kiyoshi2011-12-12 17:07:46
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:59 pm

hey kiyoshi, the screen:

its correct there be a black line and this kind of things?

i'm using google chrome
when i say the screen its missplaced i was talking about this black square that appears on the screen...valdarko2011-12-12 18:05:21
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:44 pm

When does it appear exactly ? Here , when you click many times some elements on page get selected , hence the blue squares below. But that's a problem , with Construct or Browser don't know. I couldn't reproduce the misplacing...
B
S
G

Next

Return to Completed Creations