WolfPawn

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:31 pm

Sorry if i double post, but no one commented more. Here a new update of the work in progress... still need work in more mechanics i have in mind (and they are so many... so i can have a really solid engine for start the game) I added some intructions and fixed some bugs, wish it work without so much problems.

Wish i get comments and ideas, if you have them.
This time it comes with some audios.
Have fun ^^

http://upload.namelezz.net/downloader.p ... lfGame.rar
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:25 am

amazing just amazing
the art style is awesome and the wolf is really fun to play as. the fighting is kinda wierd, can you kill the snake? I tried but nothing seem to happen. Really though, the animation for the wolf flows pretty well. Switching between battle is kind of annoying though. Maybe there should be just a normal mode which allows you to walk and eat and then a combat mode for running and fighting. the water weighing you down to the point where you have to shake it off to run was an interesting idea. Such a cool game. The ledge grabbing in the lower pits was kind of buggy though. Looking forward to another release of a bigger level that is more fun to explore.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:48 pm

I think I found a bug:
run to the left (off screen)
when you come back on screen the wolf sprite is missing
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:57 pm

Nah, that's not a bug... there's no wall there to stop the player so the wolf has just dropped off the edge of the world :P.

It's actually way below the level, falling through the void... forever :shock:
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:55 am

Man, really digging the style of this game! :) Can't wait to see how you expand on the combat.
B
G

Post » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:54 pm

[quote="deadeye":a6clsjds]Nah, that's not a bug... there's no wall there to stop the player so the wolf has just dropped off the edge of the world :P.

It's actually way below the level, falling through the void... forever :shock:[/quote:a6clsjds]

Ahh, that makes sense. Good way to get a sneak preview of the level.
Glad you told me, I just saw the same thing happen in another cap and was about to bug report it.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:22 am

It would also be interesting to see what your students have came up with. Probably more than I could conjure :lol:
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:48 am

[quote:bbctmxkw]It would also be interesting to see what your students have came up with. Probably more than I could conjure :lol:[/quote:bbctmxkw]
Believe me, isn't that good, hehe... this year class i think will be better, more students and more interest on the class.

Well, new update. I added some comments ingame for show the mechanics, don't help the look, but work for show the correct way to play. I'm still working on the new fighting system... my last try wasn't the best...

Here some mockups on fighting. The second one was implemented, but... uff, don't wanna hear the history XD

Download and have fun, and please, leave comments on the topic ^.^
http://upload.namelezz.net/downloader.p ... lfGame.rar
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:03 pm

Still like it XD I cant get past the tree though :( I pulled the bottom off and I couldn't go through the hole under the tree. If you are going to have a duel system maybe you can make it easier by having it automatically set the wolf's position the correct distance from the snake.
its a very cool game cant wait till you finish it! Get your students interested! I want to see a demo of one of their games.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:16 pm

I'm thinking on change that tree... try jumping on and press jump multiple times overlaping the tree and you will bounce till you get to the other side.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations