Wondering how to do this

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:01 pm

I'm not talking about doing it in 3d. But with 2d images.
For example here is a game that uses (i think) microsoft photosynth to do the zooming and scrolling.
It's really cool and i'm not aiming this high but the zooming and scrolling is what i want.. :D

[url:1io046wp]http://www.gamedesignreviews.com/trauma/[/url:1io046wp]
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:32 pm

It looks to me like there is a 3D engine controlling the positioning of those 2D photos. Technically, yes you could do something like this in Construct. Others have made 3D engines, so the proof of concept is there. But what you're asking for is very complex and would be difficult to make, probably even for an advanced user who is familiar with all the 3D math required.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:54 am

Allright, it was just a test that i wanted to try.
I have to do random stuff before and learn the basics of construct before starting on a bigger game.
I have alot of random ideas that i dont have a clue how to solve but i'm working my way there...with little bit of help :P
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:28 am

[quote="eski":6p5incty]really, could you give us a hint and ETA on it ? :wink:[/quote:6p5incty]

Well, I'm watching that video and all I can say is no fancy transitions (at least for now).
Yes to photographs and some limited animation (via animated gifs).
Web based.

February 2010. I hope.
I'll announce friggin everywhere I can so if you're around you'll probably hear about it.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic