Working with JSON data from themoviedb.org API

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
DATA+ (Addon Pack)
$11.25 USD
50% off
Data+ is the best Data Management solution for Construct 3. It contains 4 Addons (Plugin & Behavior).
  • hey hi!

i'm a noob trying to hack an app together that uses data from TMDB's API but i can't figure out how to make the results it returns usable in C2.

lets say i make a search request for a person like that:

api.themoviedb.org/3/search/person

what it gives me is:

{"page":1,"results":[{"adult":false,"id":488,"name":"Steven Spielberg","profile_path":"/jRWARxzljSY8SbOKTludOSECdk7.jpg"},{"adult":false,"id":8700,"name":"Sasha Spielberg","profile_path":null},{"adult":false,"id":23965,"name":"Anne Spielberg","profile_path":null},{"adult":false,"id":54127,"name":"David Spielberg","profile_path":null}],"total_pages":1,"total_results":4}

so right now i have a text input field wich modifies the search term of the request URL and the ajax object can request the the data from that URL no problem and from there i can load it into whatever i want.

Now i'm stuck though.. nothing seems to want to work. right now i'm experimenting with the hash-tables plugin but no success so far.

my goal here is to get all the resulting persons names shown and made clickable in C2.

any ideas where to look?

thanks,

Alan

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)