Worms vs Bees - Windows 8 / Windows Phone

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:59 am

@KazaaMafia congratulations on making it into Success Story Videos and also for a very complete game, including shop, achievements, etc.. :) wow...
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:04 pm

OK this is going to sound really silly, but I just poked around in the Windows Store on your game page for a couple minutes and I could not find any link to write a review!

I was able to read all the reviews that are there, but I don't know how to write a review!

Is there a specific link I should go to? Do you know how I access the review writing page?

B

Post » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:05 pm

@mammolastan thanks for taking time to look into the review. In order to create a review in Windows 8 Store, you have to:
- Download the game and install the game
- If you did not navigate away from the store, as soon as the game is installed, you will see the option to review it below... I took a screenshot after installing it.

B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:55 am

Is there a web version available? I don't have a Windows phone, or tablet =(
B
S

Post » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:45 am

@robert Not for now, maybe in the future :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:56 am

@gfigueroa did you have to do anything to optimize for Windows Phone above and beyond what you did for Windows 8?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:10 pm

@BluePhaze we released the first Worms Vs Bees Phone Edition before moving to desktop, the changes were more in the graphic side. We did not optimized anything besides the simple export from C2. That worked perfectly fine and another reason why we fall in loved with C2 ;)

I will let you know as soon as we port from Windows 8 PC to Windows Phone. I believe the issues will be graphics again (having a big background is not good and we are still figuring it out how to save memory, but for PC we are safe ;))

I will keep you inform if we find any issue or if we find a way to optimize anything, like keeping graphics and music "light".

I'm also thinking of writing my first tutorial in regards to SpriteFonts usage, I had a lot of issues trying to figure it out how to use them, even after reading the forum and everywhere else... so I'm thinking about a dummy approach. I learned so much through the forum and tutorials that I would love to give back... do you think it is worthy (there are tutorials, but I feel like they are not for beginners like me)?

Do you know how to use a Spritefont for multiple text? I have been using clones... but not sure is the most efficient way.

Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:01 pm

@gfigueroa I have two tutorials that I put together for learning how to do platform type stuff (wall jump, double jump) and they went over really well with the community. It is definitely worth taking the time to put some good tutorials together. I have a few more I want to do I just can't find the time currently with releasing our game on 5+ platforms in a short period of time. But yeah, it is worth it, go for it!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:25 pm

@BluePhaze thanks, I will, we also have a tough deadline, so after that one I will arrange a nice tutorial :)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Creations