Would you buy a Pinball Sandbox Construction Kit for $5?

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:34 pm

gameplay looks nice, neatly done, graphics look like amateur, if u ange it pinball entuthiast may pay a lil. 5 bugs is a lil much i thnk though. I would not pay at all to be honest. but maybe try n do it an app and put ads. I think that could work
B

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:04 pm

Burvey wrote:
I am doing this all in one event sheet and one layout believe it or not

Yeah, I did that with my first game as well which is well over 1,000 events lol. It makes it a pain to work on later, which I'm now attempting as I never took the game out of beta. I'm trying to work on it a bit here and there and it really can be a pain sometimes. :) There's so much that I could fix up now too since I developed the game 4 years ago and there have been so many improvements in C2 and HTML5 since then. Oh well, it is what it is.

How is the pinball sandbox coming along?

I actually have only 176 events so not bad and most are routines I repeat for themes I am creating and just change the data used.

I have been busy all morning trying to get my vehicles started. We hit minus 20 two nights in a row and neither vehicle would start even with the charger on. Had to flag down a neighbor lady for a jump and finally got the truck to start but car still says no way.

Now my back hurts and I need a nap because I am very cranky and then maybe I will work on the editor some more. I did find some golf assets and started working on that theme and I am stealing playfield design ideas from old pinball games.

I am sure you did not want to hear all that but I needed to gripe to someone and the dog just doesn't care lol!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:30 pm

We hit minus 20 two nights in a row and neither vehicle would start even with the charger on.

I hear ya man, it was minus 27 this morning when I took my son to school. At least the snow has stopped now. It's up near the top of the 6 foot fence where I shoveled out the driveway.

By the way, I was going to ask if you have plans to make a bowling theme? I think it could work well on a digital pinball machine.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:40 pm

Burvey wrote:
We hit minus 20 two nights in a row and neither vehicle would start even with the charger on.

I hear ya man, it was minus 27 this morning when I took my son to school. At least the snow has stopped now. It's up near the top of the 6 foot fence where I shoveled out the driveway.

By the way, I was going to ask if you have plans to make a bowling theme? I think it could work well on a digital pinball machine.

Wow- that is a lot of snow. We just have a few inches but damn cold. Dog had to be forced outside to go the the bathroom lol!

I am working on bowling and I have collected some assets. Lots of ideas but I get sidetracked easily. I need to set up one layout just for my own designs and I am doing that today. Each layout I have to design new components to fit the cabinet and work with the layout so I spend time on Sketchup designing those pieces.

That is why I am studying old pinball games to get ideas for layouts that look more original and that all takes time. I have nothing but time so I should get it done huh?

I spent over two hours yesterday just figuring out where my collision boxes were overlapping and stopping the game from loading. With physics you can't have any overlapping collision boxes. That has been a real learning curve working with physics.

This is an example of a layout I just created:

B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:52 pm

Cool layout.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:39 pm

UPDATE: I added a new layout and components and new leaderboards. More layouts coming soon.

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/tutorial-games/pinball-physics-sandbox-demo-13984

New Layout:

B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:04 pm

@lamar

good luck with the editor improvements.

@Burvey is correct that a drag and drop type editor scheme would greatly benefit your project. i do not know how difficult it would be from the layout perspective.

once you have dealt with the technical problems and can show some better asset art, i think people will really see how cool this can be. especially when really talented artist/designers get a hold of it.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:30 pm

Updated Pinball Sandbox with Simpson's Theme Fan Game:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/tutorial-games/pinball-sandbox-demo-13984

I also tweaked the flipper and ball for better finite control and added some grit to the ball so you can aim it very accurately. You can really control the ball about as well as in real pinball now with a little practice.

The game scoring and missions are still in development but you can see where I am headed.

I am working on the editor and also a mobile version and flat screen editor version for people that want to design their own games.

I have a website set up now so I can start promoting the game and sandbox editor when it is finished:

http://pinball-sandbox.comli.com/

B
S
G

Previous

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas