Wow Gold!

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:53 pm

haha Gotcha!

Any way if this post doesn't get arbitrarily deleted, here is a Warcraft type font I made up for the bitmapfont object.
Import as 100 height, and 150 width.
http://files.getdropbox.com/u/666516/lifecraftfont.png

And a cap to show it off.
[url:2ddyb50q]http://files.getdropbox.com/u/666516/wowgold.cap[/url:2ddyb50q]

If anybody finds a font they want converted, or just some style applied I'd be happy to help out.
Im looking to add some fonts to the resource site any way.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:02 pm

You're evil, you know that?

That beside, that font looks nice! Thanks for sharing it.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:10 pm

Evil?
Ok perhaps I should have put Free Wow Gold!. :twisted:

heh Thanks
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:48 am

I hope all the wow servers blow up and the game never returns after that.

I hate that game more than anything in the world. It should just go fucking die and be forgotten.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:28 am

I hope it stays alive, so that half the Internet is too busy grinding rather than posting lame stuff all over boards.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:59 am

yeah, talk about overrated garbage
for how much money they make a month
that game should be something totally amazing by now
it's like a glorified flyff
which is free
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:19 am

Never played it myself. I have played FLYFF before... I kinda liked it. Untill it ate my video card with some farver beans, and a nice chianti.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:30 am

I don't think that millions of players would really agree with your assessment of quality. Firstly, WoW runs on most computers due to relaxed system requirements, while most new games nowadays require at least a multi-core computer with latest graphics card. The new upcoming games will require at least PS4.0, which would force gamers to upgrade their hardware.
Moreover, WoW is a social game. It is like TF2 minus headshots, plus actual socialization. People that aren't too successful in real social life suddenly find themselves comfortable on an online game, where nobody can see your acne, dirty clothes, smell your bad mouth breath or stuff.
And lastly, WoW is full of content, there are numerous things to do for each type of gamer, not to mention that it is continuously expanding.

I would know, I've been playing WoW for years. I've quit only because I wish to do something productive in my life for a change other than leading a raidguild. Besides I've seen everything there is, WoW has gotten repetitive and it begun catering to majority. My experience has been watered down.

So while I await Star Wars: Old Republic, I am writing a novel and attempting to make something productive in Construct without running into a fatal creator's block.

Don't diss WoW, it is like a succubus. Either you resist her fully or she snares you for a long, long time. She's being very successful, y'know.

Oh, the biggest thing I disliked about WoW - its subtle transition to additional pay business models. Rename your character, change gender, change realm, TCG cards... everything for money. Upcoming faction change. For money. In addition to the constant gold seller spam.

While the player has just become a number.

Fuck that golden goose, I'm happy with my dirty old hen.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:04 pm

I understand why wow can be fun mipey

[rant]
but I don't like it....at all
I also don't like that people pay monthly for a non-persistent world
think of 1,000,000 * 10
that's 10,000,000 a month
and that's not even nearly as much as they're getting

that game should be continually expanding
there should be new missions, new monsters, new towns, new continents
new bosses, new character classes, all the friggin time
without having to pay for expansions

I don't like that aquiring some new skill like blacksmithing
is a matter of finding a few items, which is basically the same way you do anything
to aquire any skill, go here, fight 20 of type 'a' monsters
a random number generator decides if they drop x
bring 5 x's to npc 'y', and you're as good as gold
that's pathetically basic, for the whole game to be that way

then leveling up
you just grind to be strong enough to grind on new stuff which makes you strong enough to grind on new stuff, ad infinitum
the fact that almost all mmorpgs are equally mind-numbing doesn't excuse the one with most resources to improve from not doing so.
the social aspects aren't a redeeming quality, because you can socialize in any mmo game
including the free one's
there's no reason multi-million/month revenue should add up to a glorified chat room
[/rant]

for what they could be doing, it should just be alot more is all I'm saying
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:56 pm

So why don't you send that rant to Blizzard or post it on their boards instead of cluttering the boards here? I assure you that the designers won't see what you have to say here.

Also, remember that designing and maintaining an MMORPG that has over 10 million subscriptions is no easy task at all. And Blizzard is definitely always improving the world, trust me on this :)
B
S
G

Next

Return to Open Topic