Wow Gold!

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:31 pm

[quote:26t1ykyn]So why don't you send that rant to Blizzard or post it on their boards instead of cluttering the boards here? I assure you that the designers won't see what you have to say here.[/quote:26t1ykyn]
I don't post on the blizzard boards, because I am not a member of their boards nor do I intend to be
and to be honest they're making gazillions without my help so I doubt they could give a crap and half about my opinions
I'm also not cluttering the boards with anything
if you don't enjoy the spirit of open discussion then don't come to open topic
I know you work for blizzard, but that doesn't preclude me from speaking openly about my feelings to my other scirra colleagues

[quote:26t1ykyn]Also, remember that designing and maintaining an MMORPG that has over 10 million subscriptions is no easy task at all. And Blizzard is definitely always improving the world, trust me on this :)[/quote:26t1ykyn]
I'm sure it's difficult
so is designing an operating system capable of supporting countless devices from several eras, as well as thousands of apis from said eras, with tens of thousands of hackers trying to exploit and destroy your OS, or compromise other users' privacy, with a userbase of hundreds of millions, but that doesn't stop people from criticizing microsoft.

wow is greatly overrated as a game, in my opinion. you don't do much at all, you just get to do it with other people. I don't see what all the fuss is about. for the millions a month they make, it could be better, and the users who have paid the full price of the game 5 times per year since it's inception should get the expansions free. what are they paying for actually?

anyway, on happier note, great job newt.
I'll use that on the example exes when I finally get around to the upgrade for the bitmapped font object :)
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:46 am

[quote="lucid":1l67fz6z]I don't post on the blizzard boards, because I am not a member of their boards nor do I intend to be and to be honest they're making gazillions without my help so I doubt they could give a crap and half about my opinions[/quote:1l67fz6z]

I'm pretty sure they do. This isn't about money, if you know how something could be improved, speak up and you'll be heard :)

[quote:1l67fz6z]I'm also not cluttering the boards with anything
if you don't enjoy the spirit of open discussion then don't come to open topic
I know you work for blizzard, but that doesn't preclude me from speaking openly about my feelings to my other scirra colleagues[/quote:1l67fz6z]

Whoa, take it easy! I was just suggesting that it'd be smarter to post that critique on the Blizzard boards, where tons of Blizzard people will see it, that's all.

[quote:1l67fz6z]I'm sure it's difficult
so is designing an operating system capable of supporting countless devices from several eras, as well as thousands of apis from said eras, with tens of thousands of hackers trying to exploit and destroy your OS, or compromise other users' privacy, with a userbase of hundreds of millions, but that doesn't stop people from criticizing microsoft.[/quote:1l67fz6z]

Again, I ddn't mean that in a harsh way - It's always good if people share their comments and critique, that's why I was suggesting you should probably copy 'n paste that stuff over to Blizzards boards, where Blizzard will actually see it.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:40 am

my sincerest apologies then :oops:
[quote:2ej35m51]So why don't you send that rant to Blizzard or post it on their boards instead of cluttering the boards here?[/quote:2ej35m51]
I misread your tone here, and I assumed you were telling me my post was unwelcome, like
"why don't you take that crap somewhere else, we don't need that kinda talk here"
I won't be so quick to react the next time.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:22 am

Nah, it's all good :)

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have said 'cluttered' :D Sorry, my mistake.

A rant about products is always good, I'm sure the WoW team would appreciate hearing all your feedback if you're not happy with WoW. But this probably isn't the best place to talk about WoW... speaking of WoW... must resist... the urge... :D
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:27 am

I hate wow not only because you have to pay to play it but you also have to pay to buy the games. So they are telling me that if I want to play a game i paid 50 dollars for I have to give them 15 bucks a month. Not to mention I have other personal reasons for hating it. First of which (and I am not kidding) My girlfriend left me for a guy she meant on Wow. We had been dating over a year and left me for a guy across the country. This was like a kick in the balls. Second I have lost other friends to it they start playing and just never stop. Third it almost got me fired from a job because A customer caught my manage playing on his laptop at work and he tried to say I was playing it even though I was off that day.

So yeah fuck WoW. I hope every goddamn server blows up in a fiery fire of hellish destruction to the point that blizzard would go bankrupt trying to rebuild the world(of warcraft)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:28 am

I never tried it. The idea of paying to play is gay, and the fighting is so repetitive and dull, as with all mmo's (maybe i'm wrong, not a big mmo player). Once one of my friends was playing it, and the boss battle seemed so boring... everyone was just standing there shooting the same attack like 50 billion times. I know there must be a few things which are addicting and fun, but screw WoW :mrgreen: . I'd rather make games than play some mindless-leveling up-by-killing-the-same-enemies-over-and-over bullcrap anyday.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:19 am

Thanks for the input guys.
<<-Insert witty comment about thread hijacking here->>
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:17 am

Paying to play is gay? I'll be sure to let the bowling club know that. Oh, and the arcade stand. ;)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:52 pm

I wouldnt mind it so much if I didnt have to buy the game too. Its like putting a bowling alley in your basement and then paying to play there. Or buying an arcade machine and then paying to play it. Why should I have to pay you to let me play a game I bought?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:26 pm

I don't like the fact someone new to WoW has to pay a chunky upfront fee and then continue to pay; other MMORPGs and games have it right by just charging subscription. Charging a very nominal fee for WoW and the expansions is fine, they have to cover the disc and box costs, but if you want to download it you shouldn't have to pay.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic