Wrong mouse pointer showing up on fast clicks.

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Problem Description

Either while previewing with Chrome or Node-Webkit, when you release the Left Mouse Button and then the Right Mouse Button very quickly, the mouse pointer flickers, displaying the normal mouse pointer instead of what it was set to previously.

Attach a Capx

No Capx.

Steps to Reproduce Bug: In Chrome or Node-Webkit either Preview or Exported

• Step 1: Left-click and hold
    • Step 2: Right-click and hold
    • Step 3: Release left click then right click quickly.

Observed Result

Mouse pointer flickers and changes back to normal pointer. (If an "every tick" event changes it to what it should normally be.

If no such event is present then the pointer just sits there as a normal pointer and changes back only when moved.

Expected Result

It should always stick to what it's been defined to be, which is either a sprite, an animated sprite or invisible.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (NO)
    • (Node-Webkit: (Yes) )

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Windows 7 ____

Construct 2 Version ID

____168 ____

• I don't see this behavior in node-webkit using one of my own .capx, but then your instructions are not exactly full or clear.

It would help if you have a ,capx that shows this behavior, I think.

• I don't think there is a need for a specific .capx.

Just set a custom mouse pointer with a sprite.

Then in Node-Webkit or Chrome: Hold down both mouse buttons, then quickly release both Left button first and Right button after.

The mouse pointer changes back to the normal one.

Ashley Could you tell if this is an actual bug and if it can be fixed? Like with a temporary solution while waiting for the official fix?

• Closing, please follow the guidelines and attach a .capx.

• Here is a simple .capx I made and with which I can recreate the issue. Ashley

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=08004072412323039678

Once again, here's how to do it:

Hold down both mouse buttons, then release Left button first and Right button after.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned it before.

• It doesn't happen in Firefox, and we set the cursor style for the whole game, so I think this is a Chrome bug. Sorry, nothing we can do, you might want to report it to Google.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ooops. I opened a new post like you asked, I saw afterward it went to "closed bugs".

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)