Wrong priorities? IAP

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Be quick and choose whether the shown equation is right or wrong.
  • Ashley and folks,

I would like to, with all respect, suggest a review of the priorities on the development front.

I'm really a fan of C3, already preparing the classes to teach it to another 2000 students in the next months, and I paid without thinking a lot the yearly subscription. I was also glad to see how quick you guys were to fix bugs I submitted.

However, recently I became more and more frustrated about the lack of progress with the IAP plugin. It's an absolutely critical feature, and, to be honest, the only thing I see right now that stands between Beta and a decent Gold. When I looked at he feature list of R46 I become even more frustrated, because you spent time on a few features which in my humble opinion are 'nice to haves' at best, but far from critical even for a pro developer like me.

So it would be really great if you could consider to deliver what we developer who already paid for you product need the most, and this is a way to make money with C3.

Yours respectfully,

U'

• +1

• Absolutely, Ads and IAP ( or at least one of those ) must work and work reliably, otherwise there is not much point to this ( some, but not much ).

I really don't care about subscription vs. one time payment or how much it costs as long as it works. Construct 2/3 are pretty good at what they do, but just as Scirra wants to make money from their hard work, so do we game developers, would be nice to get paid for our hard work.

• +2

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • +3

• +4

• + 5

• I'll raise this in our next meeting.

• +1

As mentioned by Scirra they have other tasks such as lengthy documentation.

But I also think IAP/ADs are a high priority. There is a enough unofficial documentation on this forum, its what its for. Everything already has a core ex game layout, game structuring, documentation, export sort of etc but not monetisation.

We can get by with what we have in terms of developing games but not the other stuff that is important.

• We can get by with what we have in terms of developing games but not the other stuff that is important.

This sums it up.

Tom thank you for your attention!

• +metoo

• Brilliant news ... IAP is finally in Construct 3! (build r49)

"The new 'MobileIAP' replaces the now deprecated IAP plugin and is designed for and tested with our mobile app build service."

• Brilliant news ... IAP is finally in Construct 3! (build r49)

"The new 'MobileIAP' replaces the now deprecated IAP plugin and is designed for and tested with our mobile app build service."

Yeah, its definitely great news.

Just have to wait now for the documentation, especially with the new commands like 'set public key' and 'complete product registration' amongst some others!

• Great news about the iAP plugin. All these new features for Construct 3 are great, but Ads and iAPs are on top of the the priority list for us mobile game developers. Get the monetization side covered and I'm all in.

• Tom or Ashley Have I missed something in the manual about iAP and Admob? Really need a tutorial helping users configure this.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)