WTF Crosswalk!? CW Runtime required even if it's not shared?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:16 pm

I'm ready to publish my new game and compiled it using Crosswalk 14 in Intel XDK.

Trust me when I say, I AM 100% SURE that it's not in "Shared" mode, so that's out of the window.

On my phone the game installs and runs properly without the image prompt you see below.

On my tablet, however, this dialog appears (img below).

The size of the game is around 30mb, so it's definitely not in shared mode, and im using the same APK for both the phone and the tablet.

Is intel XDK or crosswalk shoving down our throats this mandatory runtime?
B
S

Post » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:49 am

It might just be a bug, since the shared runtime is a relatively new feature. As far as I'm aware Intel fully intend to support both options, not force everyone to change. Either way it would be better to get in touch with Intel directly about this.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:04 am

cioclod wrote:I'm ready to publish my new game and compiled it using Crosswalk 14 in Intel XDK.

Trust me when I say, I AM 100% SURE that it's not in "Shared" mode, so that's out of the window.

On my phone the game installs and runs properly without the image prompt you see below.

On my tablet, however, this dialog appears (img below).

The size of the game is around 30mb, so it's definitely not in shared mode, and im using the same APK for both the phone and the tablet.

Is intel XDK or crosswalk shoving down our throats this mandatory runtime?

I just compiled a game with Intel XDK and it works on my end.
I checked Embedded Version 14 at Build Settings.

Regards
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?