XAudio doesn't work, at all. Bug?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • I can't use XAudio for some reason. Just simply having the XAudio object in my layout causes it to crash whenever I try to run my program.

I get the standard Vista crash dialogue saying "temp.exe has stopped working" then the choice to check online for a solution (yeah right) and an option to close the program.

There is an option to show more details, which displays the following:

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
      Application Name:	Temp.exe
      Application Version:	0.0.0.0
      Application Timestamp:	491f58b2
      Fault Module Name:	Temp.exe
      Fault Module Version:	0.0.0.0
      Fault Module Timestamp:	491f58b2
      Exception Code:	c0000005
      Exception Offset:	00057fd4
      OS Version:	6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.6
      Locale ID:	1033
      Additional Information 1:	fb12
      Additional Information 2:	e2b23605fa9d645aaf5f25bdf6ffcd7f
      Additional Information 3:	bfd7
      Additional Information 4:	680dcdc3677e0a08f6d2029b9a1a193c

Read our privacy statement:
      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409[/code:1j6nbiun]

I have the latest version of DirectX. If I run the DirectX updater, it tells me that I already have the latest version and closes down since I don't need to update. So having the latest version of DirectX is not the problem.

I've even tried to reinstall Construct, but that does nothing.

I remember that XAudio used to work fine in the earlier versions of Construct. But now, it does nothing but crash.

Here is a cap file, tell me if it crashes for you:
    [url=http://machriderx.googlepages.com/shooter2.cap]http://machriderx.googlepages.com/shooter2.cap[/url]

I don't understand why it's crashing on me. Just having it on the layout messes it up. Deleting the XAudio plugin from the layout fixes the problem. I don't get it. Is it because I'm using Vista?

Also, could anyone else using Vista tell me if they have the same problem?
  • I just tested it on my XP laptop and it crashes here as well, so it's obviously not a Vista problem.

• same here, crashes on XP, but it's not only about your .cap file, it crashes everytime when i try to use XAudio on my projects as well. So it must be a bug.

• Strange that is doesn't work at all, it doesn't even have any sound events. Just having it in the layout makes it crash. I even replaced it with a new one and it still crashes.

But XAudio2 does normally work for me, so I'm thinking there must also be something up with the .cap itself.

Edit:

I deleted all of your clouds and it runs fine then.

It also runs if I delete your XAudio2 object though. Either way.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • hey deadeye can you make a sample .cap file with Xaudio and upload it?

becouse it strange that it doesn't work for some of us at all, and for some others work fine.

could is be some software/hardware problems?

• Sure. This one works fine for me.

http://willhostforfood.com/users/deadey ... 20test.rar

• ok. it works fine at my work (dell workstation) later on i will check this file at my home computer.

• Crashes for me too - but when I try to debug it, it works. This is a really annoying problem, one of the hardest to solve. Please submit the .cap to the tracker if you haven't already, and I'll remember to spend some time on it next week.

• Actually... I think I might've just fixed it... huh, weird...

• Yeah, er.. whoops, looks like I forgot to file a bug report this time. Usually, I always submit things to the bug tracker, but for this I just wanted to make sure that I'm not the only one having this problem, or if it wasn't caused by something I'm doing wrong.

I was just about to submit this one to the bug tracker as well, but if you've fixed it, then I guess that's not necessary. I'll be sure to submit everything else I see to the bug tracker from now on as I usually do.

• Can you try this? Save it to your Plugins\Runtime directory, and let me know if it fixes it.

• Can you try this? Save it to your Plugins\Runtime directory, and let me know if it fixes it.

Hmm...

It gives me this when I open Construct:

Error loading C:\Program Files\Scirra\Construct\Plugins\XAudio2.csx (127) - this plugin may not be available!

EDIT: My mistake maybe it was the wrong directory wait a second

Edit: Nope, still no go. Disregard that last edit.

• Does it still do that on startup? If it does, you pasted the file to the wrong directory and need to reinstall Construct to get the original back, that file can ONLY go in the Plugins\Runtime directory. Then I still need to know if it fixes the original crash when you press run.

Same goes for anyone else who had this file crash!

• I just tested it out and the file doesn't crash for me anymore.

• Does it still do that on startup? If it does, you pasted the file to the wrong directory and need to reinstall Construct to get the original back, that file can ONLY go in the Plugins\Runtime directory. Then I still need to know if it fixes the original crash when you press run.

Same goes for anyone else who had this file crash!

Sorry, that was my mistake. Whoops...

Reinstalled Construct and tried again.

Okay, it doesn't crash now. I guess it works. I'm going to try to play an audio file and see what happens.

Alright, everything is working as it should. But I can't load sounds from a resource for some reason (I can only load wavs from a file path). But XAudio is working for me now. I finally have sound.

EDIT: For some reason, loading a blank wave file, THEN putting my other wave file as a resource causes loading sounds from resource to work for some reason.

Construct refuses to load the first wav file you load, but loads every other resource besides that. Weird.

Other than that, everything is working great now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)