Xbox Live Gamertag

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Problem Description

Xbox Live Gamertag doesn't work/appear. Scirra e-mail support suggested I start a bug report for it.

Attach a Capx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cre5upkyfumzx ... .capx?dl=0

Description of Capx

Signs in to Xbox Live both silently and normally, then requests profile info and should set text object to Gamertag.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Export capx for Win10
    • Use latest Microsoft Visual Studio Preview (mine is Version 15.6.0 Preview 3.0) to Debug for x64 on remote machine of Xbox One

Observed Result

No Gamertag shows up.

Expected Result

Gamertag to show up.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: NO
    • FireFox: NO
    • Internet Explorer: NO

Operating System and Service Pack

Win10 latest.

Construct 2 Version ID

r252

• The provided .capx makes no sense - it essentially spams the API, particularly in creating an infinite loop requesting profile info non-stop, because you request profile info again in "On profile info success". I suspect it's probably failing due to rate-limits on the API calls.

In my own test the gametag works fine. This is the test project I use: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7af7hq4v5w4zkd/xboxlive.zip?dl=0

• Hmm, for me it doesn't get past "Xbox Live not available". Again, I'm testing it on the Xbox One console itself. The capx only involves clicking, not a Gamepad, so I added that Xbox buttons cause the clicking in the capx, but none of the buttons do anything either in my tests. I have my test account signed in, the sandbox is all correct, and I'm debugging out of Visual Studio. Even Microsoft keeps saying that my submissions don't show the Gamertag. If it works for you when testing on an Xbox One console, there's got to be a step you're doing that I'm not.

• The provided .capx makes no sense - it essentially spams the API, particularly in creating an infinite loop requesting profile info non-stop, because you request profile info again in "On profile info success". I suspect it's probably failing due to rate-limits on the API calls.

In my own test the gametag works fine. This is the test project I use: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7af7hq4v5w4zkd/xboxlive.zip?dl=0

I know this isn't fun, but please fix the Xbox Live plugin, when used on the Xbox One console itself, not just for Edge or PC. According to Microsoft's certification status for my submission, it's the last thing standing in my way. Please test it on an actual console, see that it doesn't work, or tell us what to do to make it work. I even asked Microsoft customer support to allow my game, minus a visible Gamertag, but that might not go through.

Construct 2 is an amazing software. Thanks!

• > The provided .capx makes no sense - it essentially spams the API, particularly in creating an infinite loop requesting profile info non-stop, because you request profile info again in "On profile info success". I suspect it's probably failing due to rate-limits on the API calls.

>

> In my own test the gametag works fine. This is the test project I use: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7af7hq4v5w4zkd/xboxlive.zip?dl=0

>

I know this isn't fun, but please fix the Xbox Live plugin, when used on the Xbox One console itself, not just for Edge or PC. According to Microsoft's certification status for my submission, it's the last thing standing in my way. Please test it on an actual console, see that it doesn't work, or tell us what to do to make it work. I even asked Microsoft customer support to allow my game, minus a visible Gamertag, but that might not go through.

Construct 2 is an amazing software. Thanks!

There are other C2 games on the Creators Collection right now that show the gamertag just fine (including mine). Try building your game as an appx file on Visual Studio, then uploading it through the dev dashboard page (if yours is turned off you can enable it in the dev settings on your xbox).

• I know this isn't fun, but please fix the Xbox Live plugin, when used on the Xbox One console itself, not just for Edge or PC.

As far as I am aware, there are no differences in the Xbox Live API between Xbox and PC. What do you think needs changing?

• > I know this isn't fun, but please fix the Xbox Live plugin, when used on the Xbox One console itself, not just for Edge or PC.

>

As far as I am aware, there are no differences in the Xbox Live API between Xbox and PC. What do you think needs changing?

andreyin

Sadly it still isn't working. I'll list the steps I take. To be safe I'm using the Scirra Xboxlivetest capx instead of my own project. My Xbox One is also up to date, OS version 10.0.16299.5101. Please let me know if you see anything wrong:

1. In C2, export for Windows Store, "Minify script (recommended)" is checked, (I've also tried with it unchecked) Target version is Windows 10 Universal.

2. Open Xboxlivetest.sln in Visual Studio. (mine is: Visual Studio Community 2017 Preview Version 4.7.02556)

3. Double-click package.appxmanifest and generate the Visual Assets from the C2 icon-256.png.

4. Right-click "Xboxlivetest (Universal Windows)" > Store > Create App Packages > Yes > Generate app bundle: Always, Neutral > Create.

5. Turn Xbox One on, in Dev mode.

6. Go to Xbox Device Portal on your PC, at: https://xboxone:11443/#Home and sign in.

7. Click "Add" and select the package, such as at ...XboxLiveTest\AppPackages\Xboxlivetest_1.0.1.0_Debug_Test\Xboxlivetest_1.1.1.0_AnyCPU.appxbundle > Start > Done. (I've also tested using a Xboxlivetest_1.1.0.0_x64.appx instead of an appxbundle)

8. Select "Launch" to run it on Xbox One.

But, unfortunately, it doesn't get past "Xbox Live not available", as seen in this screenshot taken directly from Xbox Device Portal Media Capture Screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/06mikmrirhqbt ... -12-37.jpg

In addition, the Microsoft certification attempts are what list the Gamertag as not visible, and of course they must be testing it the proper way.

Any help would be great, such a confirmation on your end that it really does work for you when tested on an actual Xbox One console, as stated in the bug report steps that must be taken in order to correctly reproduce the issue, or a correction of one of the steps I listed above.

• If you didn't change the IDs in the Xbox Live plugin properties to an app you actually own, it won't work. It also looks like you missed all the steps in "Setting up Visual Studio" in the tutorial.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you didn't change the IDs in the Xbox Live plugin properties to an app you actually own, it won't work. It also looks like you missed all the steps in "Setting up Visual Studio" in the tutorial.

THANK YOU! It was the "NuGet" step. I still couldn't get it to work for a couple of days after that, until I just tried exporting to a fresh new folder instead of using the same one I always did, and that also did the trick. More accurately, I seem to have found that anytime I want to do a re-export out of C2 into the same directory, it breaks the Xbox Live functionality in the Visual Studio solution. I seem to have found that the easiest fix for this is to delete at least one if not all of these 4 files that Visual Studio creates:

<ProjectName>.jsproj

<ProjectName>_StoreKey

Package.xml

packages.config

Then I reopen VS and redo the NuGet step, Store Association step, and Visual Assets step.

I'll share these things as a [solved] post in the "How do I..?" forum just in case it can help anyone else in the future.

If you have any insight as to why the platform behavior moves slowly on Xbox One, I'd appreciate it, but that's another topic. You da man!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)