Xbox One controller with pc - any thoughts?

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:00 pm

Yo,

Looking in to buying a new controller soon. I'm thinking of 360 pad, but any thought guys on XO controller? Is it better then 360's and does it work with pc?
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:39 am

I saw some news not long ago about the Xbone controllers getting PC support. But I dunno if there's much difference between the old and new controller, they have the same buttons I think.
Just be wary with what you buy. I have a wired 360 controller that I plug into the USB and it works great with steam games and my on Construct creations. But I originally assumed you could plug in the charge cable from a 360 wireless controller battery pack and it would work, it doesn't. apparently the charge cables only transmit power, the controller still communicates wirelessly. Meaning you need a wireless adapter for your pc, I know Microsoft make/made one for the 360 (although I was told it is banned here in Europe, something about it being a fire hazard)

I'm sure I made that as clear as mud. But I guess functionally a wired 360 controller is as good as anything else and simpler
B
S
G

Return to Open Topic