Xbox One?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:34 pm

andreyin wrote:
KazaaMafia wrote:Beware on the preview Dev Mode though. You can't play any retail games while on Dev Mode which is a downside for me right now. I'll just wait until it official releases.

You can switch to and from Dev Mode any time you want to play games.

But you will have to factory reset your Xbox in order to go back to Retail for the time being..

I don't want to do that..
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:26 pm

KazaaMafia wrote:
andreyin wrote:
KazaaMafia wrote:Beware on the preview Dev Mode though. You can't play any retail games while on Dev Mode which is a downside for me right now. I'll just wait until it official releases.

You can switch to and from Dev Mode any time you want to play games.

But you will have to factory reset your Xbox in order to go back to Retail for the time being..

I don't want to do that..

I keep reading that everywhere but I don't know what to say, for me it didn't factory reset anything. There's even a button in the Xbox Dev Mode app that says "Leave developer mode". If you click it the console restarts as retail and does not factory reset or anything.

And here's an article about it:

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-activ ... ne-console
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:20 pm

Heh, figures. I traded my One in for a PS4 last October and this happens. I'd love to try this out to see if my game runs on that.

More game companies should really make their consoles their own dev kits, I'm glad Microsoft is embracing this. This has been such a weird gen. My only concern is that Xbox One owners don't technically play many indie titles (save for the nostalgic Rareware crowd), but it's the thought that counts right?
Last edited by GG-Works on Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:21 pm

I believe it's not temporarily leaving Dev Mode that wipes your system, it's when you want to remove Dev Mode from your xbox.
Be sure to check out my Metroidvania game, A Hole in the Earth
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:11 pm

I keep reading that everywhere but I don't know what to say, for me it didn't factory reset anything. There's even a button in the Xbox Dev Mode app that says "Leave developer mode". If you click it the console restarts as retail and does not factory reset or anything.

Really? :mrgreen:

Alright, I will download Dev Mode later today and give it a try then. :mrgreen:
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:36 pm

KazaaMafia wrote:

Keep in mind that after you test your game, you have to manually delete it before returning to retail mode though! You just have to go to the apps/games list, press the menu button on the controller and choose "uninstall". After that you can click the button to go back to retail in the Dev Home app.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:29 pm

andreyin wrote:
KazaaMafia wrote:

Keep in mind that after you test your game, you have to manually delete it before returning to retail mode though! You just have to go to the apps/games list, press the menu button on the controller and choose "uninstall". After that you can click the button to go back to retail in the Dev Home app.

Good to know.. I just made a screendemo to display the Firestorm WebGL FX effect. It runs pretty smooth. :mrgreen:

B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:01 pm

Hm.
I just noticed the release notes this morning and I was going to ask the exact same question, but for now I think I'll hold on a bit until it's completely finished.
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Take the lemons back! GET MAD! I DON'T WANT YOUR DANG LEMONS WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE?! Demand to see life's manager!! Do you know who I am!?!?! I'M THE MAN WHOS GONNA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN... WITH THE LEMONS
B
S

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General