XHTML and Microphones

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:49 pm

So two questions:

I've been told that XHMTL5 will be hardware accelerated. Is this true? If it is, will Construct 2 want to take advantage of it?

Secondly: can Construct 2 theoretically access the microphone? Or send/receive audio streams?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:34 pm

Firefox 5 and IE9 already hardware accelerate their HTML5 canvas, so if you're using those browsers Construct 2 games are already hardware accelerated.

I'm not aware of any way HTML5 can access a microphone - there are probably some difficult security issues to get around.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:41 am

If you required the user to download a plug-in, or if you used Flash on the same page where your game is. Also, you can use x-webkit-speech, which doesn't post the mic but only the words spoken into the mic: http://slides.html5rocks.com/#speech-input.

Unfortunately, this is no good for what I want to do. I want to post the volume of the mic. That way, I can make a game with a warrior who swings his sword dealing more attack damage when the summoner(s) yell louder. For example, +1.5% attack damage per decibel of sound.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General