XML for WIndows8 Apps

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:22 am

Well this is my most recent findings on developing windows8 html5 game using scirra.

THe normal XML plugin tries to create new ActivexObject which is not supported by windows8 apphost.

I happened to edit the generated javascript file to use winjs libraries.

Edited Code and commented out for loop where activex object is created
and added the below code

var xml = new Windows.Data.Xml.Dom.XmlDocument();
xml.loadXml(xml_string);

Also comment out the line below
this.xmlDoc.setProperty("SelectionLanguage","XPath");

Please include a update in your next release for fixing this bug for exporting to Windows8.

My changes are not 100% perfect since its changed directly in game script.
B
6
S
1
Posts: 9
Reputation: 750

Post » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:24 am

Note : Sorry for the addendum.

I used TMXImporter ,Ajax, and function plugins to load the levels.tmx files in my game and load them to a string constant.
THis worked locally while testing, but didnt render my objects in windows8.

Hence I made the changes and published it to windows market.

Request you to kindly release a new plugin for windows8 XML.
B
6
S
1
Posts: 9
Reputation: 750

Post » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:57 pm

Thanks for the report & indicating the fix - this should work in the next build.
Scirra Founder
B
359
S
214
G
72
Posts: 22,952
Reputation: 178,600

Post » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:12 am

@shreedharcva thank you! that helped me fix my Win8 game that also uses the TMX importer.
B
26
S
7
G
3
Posts: 118
Reputation: 4,264


Return to Closed bugs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests