XML name() not works on Firefox and IE 11

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:34 pm

Problem Description
The use of name() on xml not works under:
Firefox 39.0 desktop and android versions.
IE 11.0.96
But works under:
Chrome 43, Dolphin (android versions)

I opened an thread about this problem and Magistross confirm this problem:
viewtopic.php?f=147&t=149672

Attach a Capx
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqov8q804lzln ... .capx?dl=0

Description of Capx
show the name nodes ("<name></name>") from one selected "book" node, from xml file.

Steps to Reproduce Bug
    simply use ("name()") from the usual way

Observed Result
No result from operation

Expected Result
list of xml node names

Affected Browsers
  • Chrome: (NO)
  • FireFox: (YES)
  • Internet Explorer: (YES) (11.0.96...)

Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 7 SP1

Construct 2 Version ID
206 64bit


EDIT:
If somebody test this and if works or not, post results please. I'm looking views raising on this thread but nobody post results, thanks you. ;)
B
11
S
2
Posts: 21
Reputation: 1,171

Post » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:12 pm

Sorry, I'm not sure what we can do about this. The browser evaluates the XPath, not Construct 2, and it looks like Firefox and IE don't understand that expression (or something in the 'for each node' XPath). FWIW, the new Edge browser does work correctly, but I don't know why Firefox doesn't...
Scirra Founder
B
395
S
232
G
88
Posts: 24,371
Reputation: 193,772

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:28 pm

Not worry, I moved to chrome and anothers , everything fine. Time will fix it for sure, when mozilla notice it properly.

Thanks.
B
11
S
2
Posts: 21
Reputation: 1,171


Return to Closed bugs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest