Y based z-order request

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:12 am

Guif0DA wrote:There is a plugin called ''z sorter'' it do what you are looking for and in my opinion it's a very well made plugin with minimal use o CPU

The plugin link:
plugin-isometric-z-ordering-based-on-y_t64466?&hilit=zsort
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:50 pm

@Guif0DA, thanks, I took a look at it and its perfect, thanks.

@tomsstudio, sounds like a nice approach, though, I have many different shapes in objects, and animations, making them square would mean gobbling up way more memory space then needed. I will play with it though, I had not seen that approach yet.

@rexrainbow, awesome plugin !!! its so much more efficient then the zbased for each. Especially when you have a lot of instances of the same object occurring.

@scirra, what Rex made works very well, any chance of implementing something like that so it can be used in the arcade too ?
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:48 pm

lennaert wrote:@Guif0DA, @tomsstudio, @rexrainbow, @scirra,

:D the zsorter applied on a 12kx12k layout with over 3.000 level object instances, doing the zsorter kinky in a multiplayer map :D

I made a crude demo of my game I wanted to use for the 2030 comp, dont think I have enough time to finish it though.
The multiplayer bit works, the current demo is intended as abit of co-op, fight against the enemies in the game.

Max 5 players, and there will be max 5 enemies at any given time.
The enemies AI is a bit primitive, still working on that, and there is no real end goal.
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General