Yes How do a "Variable Jumpstrenght" (for advanced user)

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:03 pm

Message: anthonydsf can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Guys !

seriously, thanks in advance for your help and your time on this case !

my need is simple,

1 - When i touch or left click, i want the player jump with a maximum jumpstrenght value "done, easy"
2 - Now the question is , i want on "any touch end" to stop the jump and keep a natural Vector Y curved line.
i don't want to set the vector Y to 0 as it's look not natural.

Any one Constructor have an idea ?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=1EF12935BE755455!1447&authkey=!AMKRZNEb4n74gK4&ithint=file%2c.capx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
G

Post » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:21 pm

you could try

on any touch end setting player platform vector Y to player.Platform.VectorY/2 ?
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:06 pm

I didn't get the latest beta release yet, so I couldn't open the attached example.

You can achieve a variable jump strength by adding a variable that stands for the minimal strength (vector Y). That would be a negative value. Your max jump strength would be defined through the property of the platform behavior (I'm assuming you are using the platform behavior here).

Now compare the current vector Y to be smaller than that variable while the jump control is NOT active (key is NOT down or whatever). In that case, set the vector Y to the variable.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:40 pm

@Rampackwobble, first at all thanks for your time, it's funny but sometime simple thing are always the best, so even if it's not 100% accurate with what i have in mind when i said a natural Vector Y curved line, at least , if i'm not in position to do what i wish , i will use this technic, so one more time thanks for your time and you're help ! Today i will post some others question maybe you will be able to help me too :)

see you !
B
G

Post » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:43 pm

@pixelrebirth, thanks for the time too you've took to trying to help me ! i'm currently trying also what you've mentioned ! and i would say at least you remind me that yes we can compare the Vector Y ! also yes i'm using the Platform Behavior, i will keep you updated soon , but thanks again too !
B
G

Return to How do I....?