Yet-another Multiplayer Demo (with capx)

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:41 pm

keep up the good work!!! :D
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:06 pm

[QUOTE=Joannesalfa]I wonder about Node.js, i doubt how to install node.js on shared web hosting [/QUOTE]
@Joannesalfa
Installing node.js on shared web hosting is possible - it depends on whether your hosting company allows you command line/shell/terminal/telnet access.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:00 pm

[QUOTE=Velojet] [QUOTE=Joannesalfa]I wonder about Node.js, i doubt how to install node.js on shared web hosting [/QUOTE]
@Joannesalfa
Installing node.js on shared web hosting is possible - it depends on whether your hosting company allows you command line/shell/terminal/telnet access. [/QUOTE]

Thanks, i will ask some web hosting companies if they let me to install Node.js before to purchase the plan.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:12 am

@juantar

"...I am trusting that the clients are synchronized enough that if a bullet hits a player in one client, the same bullet will hit it in the other client because the bullet was created with the same position and velocity in all the clients..."

I'm not sure why this bullet will "synchronized enough".
Since this bullet is moved by "dt" and fps in each client could not be the same at all time, dt will be different. So that the moving point will be different. This different might be broken the synchronize.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:27 pm

@rexrainbow : in my tests and for this simple game, the syncronization was good enough. If there was a lapse, it was very little. However, I do understand your concern. Some games woould designate one of the clients or the server itself as the authority in deciding if an event was true or not. In this case, one of the clients or the server, could decide if the bullet really hit a player or not. If it did, it could send a message to the other players telling them that a hit was made.

It really depends on how you design your game what trade offs you want to take (the more messages, the more traffic that will need to travel over the wire)
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 04, 2012 7:36 pm

Which version of node you used??? I have the 6.16 but i have installation problems with the socket io. I tried to install it on C:\ with all the privileges but it shows me a message like "try to exectute being root/administrator" when i install it elsewhere it points me another error.
What can i do???!!! Im going for an older version of node or is this wrong??
THANK YOU!!!
B

Post » Sat May 05, 2012 11:04 pm

@j1k : try installing node.js in the default folder. After it is installed, open the CMD, cd to C:\node_modules (create that folder is not present) and run the "npm install socket.io" from there.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 06, 2012 4:17 am

npm ERR! Error: EPERM, mkdir 'C:\'
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Please try running this command again as root/Administrator.
npm ERR!
npm ERR! System Windows_NT 6.1.7601
npm ERR! command "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\\\node.exe" "C:\\Program Files\\nod
ejs\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js" "install" "socket.io"
npm ERR! cwd C:\node_modules
npm ERR! node -v v0.6.16
npm ERR! npm -v 1.1.19
npm ERR! path C:\
npm ERR! code EPERM
npm ERR! message EPERM, mkdir 'C:\'
npm ERR! errno {}
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Additional logging details can be found in:
npm ERR!     C:\node_modules\npm-debug.log
npm not ok

Thats the message that shows me but in fact im loged as administrator and im running the cmd as admin and i have all the privileges to the node_modules.
What can i do???
B

Post » Wed May 09, 2012 6:04 pm

@j1k i just downloaded the latest version of node.js and i am getting the same error with npm. I think npm install is broken for windows in this version. The only thing i can suggest is to try a previous version (like a month ago) of node.js if you can find one.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 24, 2012 9:30 pm

thx for the great plugin...I have 1 question though on my lan its working (i mean updating) but other people can see them updating..am I doing something wrong? also am running node.js and socket.io on the same server as apache (xampp) you can test it here [hide]http://70.24.232.115/test/[/hide]
B

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations